“This is how the fantasy begins!”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have read reviews of this hotel that say it could be the setting for "The Truman Show", this I think is true, in the best possible way. The setting is a suburban fantasy of shopping and eating that resembles a movie set in the best possible way. The hotel provides the ultimate setting for a concert at the next door pavilion, or just an escape weekend. The upgrade to a a wonderful patio suite was amazing!. Good job Hyatt!

Room Tip: Get a room over the Market Street area, it is like "The Truman Show" in a great way.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2y2r2onot2
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for writing about our hotel. We too think it is a very special place and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great place! My daughter and friend were attending a concert, so we decided to book a room rather than dive back to Houston. Best decision I've made in a long time! Wonderful rooms, outstanding staff and service. Perfect location!

Room Tip: I think they are probably all great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Mel,

Thank you for staying with us. We loved having you, come again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I actually live in Downtown Houston and work from home full-time when not traveling. Because of that I get a little stir crazy sometime so I decided to come up to The Woodlands and spend time in The Market Street area. I never really did that before. So i decided to stay at the Hyatt Market Street Hotel. I'm a platinum member at Hyatt and I generally receive SUPER good service pretty much anyway, so I knew going in that my stay would be nice. However, my expectations were COMPLETELY exceeded within a very short period of time.

Check-in was efficient and quick (which I love). I was also recognized as a platinum members and immediately offered a 2PM checkout (which I always accept). Once I got to the one bedroom suite I was in shock! It was SO beautiful and in fact, the hotel reminds me more of a little boutique hotel versus the usual chain type rooms. One of the main reasons I loved it but aside from that the suite was super clean, organized and very well appointed. The furnishings were clean and very nice. The big highlight for me was the HUGE shower and bathroom (which I love). I think i took 3 showers within a six hour period just because it was so nice.

I did not order any room service during this stay but I did call the front desk for extra towels, extra coffee products, and some extra soap. The housekeeper that came to the door was really nice and offered to get me anything else I needed. I noticed during my stay that the housekeepers were really, really friendly and they did a great job cleaning my suite.

I did walk up to the restaurant area and they offer a beautiful buffet and it looked really good but I already had meal plans outside the hotel. The pool, little hottub and outdoor area on the second floor was really wonderful, comfortable, etc. In the evenings they have happy hour every night, offer outdoor musicians to relax by and little fireplaces that you can sit around. In fact, my suite overlooked this area and the music (while bothersome to others) was quite nice to me.

The bed was extra comfortable and came with a LOT of pillows (which I love for my mandatory fort building prior to going to sleep). I slept like a baby both nights I was at the hotel.

This hotel is now my little weekend getaway when I need to get out of the city for a couple nights. I honestly can't wait to come back!

Email me if you have any questions about the hotel or surrounding area.

Room Tip: Opt for a one bedroom suite...they are not that much more and believe me, you will LOVE the huge spa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Scotty,

Thank you very much for all of your kind words. Our team of associates is truly amazing and we are very fortunate to have a great location and beautiful product. We value your business and hope to see you again very soon in The Woodlands.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am still at this hotel during day five of six days of meetings and I can best sum up my opinion this way - - I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!! I'm not sure where to start so I'll begin with my first point of contact, Ashley. She is so accommodating and helpful with all of our changes and requirements. In addition to sleeping rooms, and daily meeting room requirements, we had a private NCAA watching party in the Cabana that went off like a dream and earned me lots of praise! She’s great to work with and not one thing wasn’t exactly how I asked. Thank you, Ashley! Then you have Ruben. He's just the most helpful person I probably have ever dealt with during all of the meetings I've set up over the years. Every meal is set up on time, the meeting room constantly cleaned, always on the ready to help with whatever is asked of him and all done with a positive, can do attitude. I think I asked him to change the set-up for the NCAA watching party about three different times and he never flinched or acted annoyed, just was happy to get it done the way I wanted. He's fantastic. Truly. And then you have the delightful Pricilla (she works with Ruben), who is equally as helpful and accommodating and fun to have around. Without the two of them, this week would have been a nightmare, but instead it worked out really well. Now, on to the food - when you’re sitting in a room for two meals a day plus breaks for six days, you usually can’t take even one more hotel meeting meal, right? Well, not the case here. The chef is amazing. Seriously he’s Top Chef material. The meeting participants are people who travel all over the world and are used to fine dining restaurants, and they all, and I mean, everyone, commented on how good the food is. The hotel is next to the renowned restaurant, Jaspers, and honestly, the chef at the Hyatt makes better food. Thank you for the five pounds I no doubt gained this week. They were worth it!!! I don’t have the names of the rest of the staff handy, but from the bartenders to the front desk to the valets to housekeeping, everyone has an amazing helpful attitude. If you have a question or need something done, you don’t get the “it’s not my job” attitude. Everyone pitches in, regardless of whose job it is. This hotel is so well run; their model should be duplicated by every hotel in the Hyatt chain.

And of course, let’s not forget the reason for a hotel – the rooms! They are very nicely decorated in a modern style, spacious, have a comfortable bed, and are super clean. They are also very generous with the toiletries including toothpaste in the room, which hotels almost never do anymore without asking. It’s a little thing, but this hotel does lots of little things that make it amazing. Oh and the location is awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Wendy,

Thank you very much for your amazing review! I will be sure to share with all our team. We are so blessed to have such an incredible staff. We hope we will see your group back very soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We bedded down at this wonderful hotel on March 2nd 2013 for the Woodlands half marathon. The accomodations were nice, staff friendly, and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is smack dead in the middle of market square and walking distance from the Wodlands Mall. The decor was nice, the gym clean, and yes ther is a StarBucks just out side the glass sliding doors. Parking is not a problem it located at a garage two minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We hope that we will see you again on your future trips to the Woodlands.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good, clean, modern hotel. Rooms are ok, showers well sized so I liked that. And breakfast in The Kitchen on 2nd floor, was excellent. Good food, well priced, great service and professional but casual. Didn't get a chance to use fitness facilities - but hotel well located to get around in The Woodlands for business and likely great for weekends, shopping and just browsing.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in our unique property and of course our amazing staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel but the staff in any hotel makes the difference. I arrived late, a bad trip and expressed my frustration.
I checked in and within minutes 2 complimentary beers were delivered.
How thoughtful!!!
Love this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mhaskelo11
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. We pride ourselves on our amazing team of associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to The Woodlands.