“Great location!”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent four days there for a business conference and had a delightful time. It is located in the market place in The Woodlands, Texas. It offered lots of shopping and a great selection of restaurants within walking distance. There is a concert arena close by that has many concerts and events. If you have any reason to be in the Houston area and don't want to be in the heart of the metro, I highly recommend this hotel for Hyatt like service and convenience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The location is perfect and the staff made every effort to make our stay wonderful. We had plans to venture out that evening but enjoyed the hotel so much we never ventured far. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday and anniversary celebration. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great Hotel with Fantastic Location accross the street from the Woodlands Pavillion and Market Street. Excelent Service and great rooms. Upscale hotel with fine restaurants and shopping just steps from the lobby.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to market street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Lugego, thank you very much for writing about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you had a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Woodlands.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for a business meeting. The rooms are mini-suites with separate living room. They are large and comfortable with every amenity. The public spaces (bar, restaurant) are small and not special or inviting but there are many great options for eating just outside in the shopping complex. The service was very friendly and attentive. It is quite pricey. Pro's service, rooms, free internet access, location in shopping complex Con's price, no recycling program

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked our annual sales meeting at The Hyatt since the Marriott I normally use was booked for the week we were holding the meeting. Let me tell you, I have never gotten so many compliments on the property, room, location, food etc. I was told to hold our meeting there every year from now on. This is definitely a boutique hotel but it is more than capable to handle business functions with ease. From check-in to check-out, I was thrilled with the service of everyone I came across.

The food served for our meetings was delicious, served at the appropriate temperature, refreshed if needed. The meeting planner I worked with (Edwin Mauricio) was a true professional and I am sure I drove him crazy with all of my changes, but he came through with every last request I had. I sent down welcome goody bags for all of the attendees and they arrived an absolute mess, so he and his staff found new bags and rebagged them all so they were ready for check-in. That truly is good customer service!

The rooms were great, I didn't want to leave mine! I heard that from many in my group too. the location of the hotel was perfect. We walked everywhere and didn't have to worry about anyone driving after a few drinks. The bar serves an incredible creme brulee, stop in for drinks after dinner and enjoy that, it is so worth it! The whole atmosphere was so relaxing and comfortable that I didn't even feel like I was there on business, it was very nice.

I could go on and on, but bottom line, this Hyatt was wonderful and I won't think twice about using them again and again. I believe good service deserves credit, we hear too much these days about how bad things are everywhere. Thanks to everyone at the Hyatt Market Street for making my event an A+!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Riley3742, Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our amazing staff. We truly appreciate your business and hope that you and your attendees can come back for some rest and relaxation before your next meeting.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is used mainly by business travelers and so it is run in such a way. That is to bad more people don't visit it for vacation. If they did it would be 5 star. It runs on a minimal staff so the restaurant does not ever seem to be open. They basically just do room service. The bar and patio are perfect and would go back just for that. It is located in the corner of some high end shops and a small park is near by. The restaurants and the shops are all very nice and it made me wish I wasn't there on business. It is very similar to the Hyatt Long Beach Pike in Long Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is definitely conducive to a business traveler or group; however, we host many leisure travelers for family vacations and weekend getaways.
Our Bar and restaurant are open daily, however, we are not open for lunch. We have a great menu in our lounge that includes small bites and or larger plates and an amazing wine list and daily drink specials.
Always a lot to do on the weekends with the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion right behind us and of course the great shopping on Market Street. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when we attended a concert at the Cynthia Woods pavilion. The hotel is located within the Woodlands Market square which is a collection of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater. The hotel is also conveniently located across the street from the Cynthia Woods pavilion. So this makes it a great place to stay while attending a concert.
The hotel is not like a regular Hyatt. it is more like a botique type hotel. It has a vey unique atmosphere.
Check-in was quick. The staff cordial and helpful. Our room was large along with the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. What I enjoyed the most was no outside noise from the hallway could be heard.
The bar is great with a view of the swimming pool. The swimming pool is small but cozy.
The restaurant is different. The menu is not expansive but if you are looking for an IHOP type breakfast. Then you will need to eat elsewhere.
We enjoyed our stay and will book again when we attend another concert.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple