All reviewsmarket streetboutique hotelpresidential suitebathroom lightthe room service menuwithin walking distancecynthia woodsgirls tripinfinity poolattending a concertmovie theatergreat shoppingstayed for one nightmitchell pavilionfire pita wonderful stayfront desk staff
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a fancy enough hotel, and comfortable enough. But my room wasn't terribly quiet -- could hear an AC behind the building, and the elevator dinging in the hall -- and for the first few days of my stay, my toilet was cycling on and off, and it took a couple of days for the hotel to get it fixed. I also think the value for price wasn't great. I'd rather save a few bucks and open my own front door (or better yet, have an automatic door), than have two people dramatically open it for me.

On the plus side, the internet worked pretty well, the fitness room is sufficient, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed there twice for business trips in the past few months. I had different room types both times, but I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at the layout, space, comfort of the beds and linens, the quality of the showers, and the location of the hotel. This has to be among the best, if not the best hotel in The Woodlands. Excellent proximity to good restaurants, small shops, and the running trail along the "river" is an added bonus to the comfort and tranquility of the rooms. There was a major problem with the wifi service on my second stay, but I was lucky to have a room that tapped into the free, downtown woodlands wifi.... You might want to give that one a shot first before you pay extra for the wireless provided by the hotel. Why wireless internet is not considered a basic service these days continues to astound me.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Market Street for one night this weekend when we were visiting family in The Woodlands. The location in Market Street is great. There are restaurants, shops, movie theater and a nice grocery store within a very easy walk. Self parking is right behind the hotel - so easy. Starbucks and Jamba Juice are directly across from the entrance to the hotel.

I believe our room was called a King Suite. It was large with a very comfortable bed, huge television, large fold out sofa, ottoman and a side chair. 1/3 of the mini fridge is for guest use and it kept our drinks quite cold. There was a large shower in the bathroom - no tub - which is fine for us. The room did have an odd thing where there is a small frosted window between the shower and the rest of the room. You still have privacy, but if the light is on in the bathroom, it does light up the rest of the room to some degree. It didn't bother us though. Also, the window opens a bit for fresh air.

The hotel is small with only five floors which is nice. On this trip we didn't have a chance to try the bar or pool.

I like this hotel and I love the location. The only minor complaint I have is that it didn't seem to have the same type of customer service I'm used to at Hyatt hotels - where we always stay if possible. I always think of Hyatt service as being very friendly and accommodating without being overbearing. The service here reminded me more of a W, where it's more cool and stand-offish but still helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shmatbert
Reviewed February 15, 2012

very well located at market place, confortable rooms with nice modern decoration.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed two nights here and this hotel is in a great location of all the market street attractions. You definitely can walk EVERYWHERE in the vicinity of market street, town square, and waterway square. Lots of restaurants and shops. The hotel is really nice and so is the staff. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. The only con was there isn't a small microwave in the king standard room. I was able to get a room that over see market street (5th floor). This hotel is beautiful and comfortable. Valet was only 16 bucks per day which is reasonable. The lounge on the second floor is so laid back and it continues outside by the pool. The breakfast was pretty decent. For pizza lovers, you must eat at "Pizza by Marco". I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012