“All That Jazz”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Beautiful Hotel

The Lux Suite was very spacious and the patio overlooks the pool on the lobby roof.

There was a very talented band for a couple of hours.

The service was perfection; Frederick beat us to our rooms with our bags, and Roc was amazing.

The bed was heavenly. Breakfast was delicious. Service again 5 stars.

The location is great for shopping and a nice theater is literally next door.

Didn't want to chance valet after other review, but in this heat, and after staying here and meeting the staff, I definitely would.

• Stayed: July 2011
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your time at AVIA. Thank you so much for the great comments regarding the staff and customer service. It is great you were able to enjoy the entertainment and the location was perfect for your visit to the area. Thank you for choosing AVIA and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Our recent stay at Avia was very enjoyable. From the moment you arrive at the valet stand in front of the hotel, you are continuously treated as a true guest! Everyone, without fail, seems genuinely interested in your satisfaction and making sure your stay is a good one. We were quickly checked in and escorted to our room by a very personable gentleman(Rock? I believe was his name) who, once the luggage was carefully placed in the room, left to get ice without being asked. He returned after a few minutes with a complimentary split of champagne, glasses, and an assortment of chocolates and strawberries!

The room was a corner suite with two large televisions, a huge walk-in shower, great views from the floor to ceiling windows, and drapery that when closed would make a vampire happy. The one issue we encountered was due to our not realizing that there are sensors to tell the HVAC system whether the room is occupied or not. When not present, the system is on standby, thereby making the room seem quite warm when returning after being out of the room during the heat of a 100+ degree day. We thought the system was not working, but the front desk advised to give it a minute and see. Sure enough, the room cooled to our chosen temp setting within 15 minutes or so. I don't really like this feature because I like to return to a cold room after a hot day. BUT, I certainly understand Avias' desire to curb energy costs.

The breakfast buffet/order process has changed from an out front chef preparing eggs, waffles, french toast, etc... to and order process for these, coupled with a very limited buffet of some fresh fruit, pastries, sausage & bacon, potatoes, and some type of mexican toasted flour chips and associated sauce. Poor system and design. For $25/head, there should be a much greater selection and better service. The staff are trying, it just isn't working very well. Again, as with the HVAC system, probably a cost cutting measure.

We did enjoy the bar and pool area. They are both quite nice and comfortable. Again, great service for drinks and snacks.

Overall, the AVIA is by far the nicest hotel we've seen in the Woodlands area, and better than most places in any locale we've stayed. Great service for the most part, great location within walking distance of many stores, restaurants, and other attractions. Great Job, AVIA!

Room Tip: Check for the last minute upgrade process!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bobert2412

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay at AVIA. I am so glad to know you enjoyed the hotel, amenities offered and the service you received from the staff. We appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve our service. It is great to know you found AVIA to be the nicest hotel you've stayed at and I hope to host you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My honey and I went to a wine festival in The Woodlands, TX last weekend and stayed at Avia Hotel in the Market Street Area for an extended evening without having to drive home. Great place, great service - comfortable bed and will do it again. The wine festival was good, dinner was great - Kati - great sushi - shopping was fun. We helped the Market Street economy all we could. Very nice folks work in this area and they make your visit a good expereience. Nice pool and bar - good service in bar.

Room Tip: Used AAA rates
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing AVIA for your recent stay while attending the wine festival in The Woodlands. It sounds like the hotel was in the perfect location for your visit and you were able to enjoy the Market Street shopping. We are so glad you enjoyed the service and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is in a great spot for a girls getaway! Its very convenient to shopping and restaurants. It would also be perfect if you were attending a concert.The decor and architecture is funky and cool and we had an awesome time just hanging by the pool (the food was excellent).

We were upgraded to a suite. I slept on the fold out and was still feeling it a week later (although I probably should have expected that). My friends had a regular bed. One said it was fine the other said it was too hard. Our friends in another room were fine with their beds. However, both rooms were hot and we had a tough time getting them to cool down (they were at opposite ends of the hotel too).

One odd thing was that when the doorbell rang on our room the fire alarm would flash, which is rather unsettling until you figure out what's going on.

In short, the location is superb but the comfort level could be a hit or miss.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to read that AVIA was the perfect spot for your girls getaway. I do apologize that not all of you found our beds to be comfortable. We usually get rave reviews regarding the comfort. I do apologize for the issue with the air conditioning and I hope you addressed it with the front desk, so we could have the opportunity to make it right. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues.

On a positive note, I am pleased to read you enjoyed the decor, relaxing by the pool and the food from the restaurant.

Thank you for choosing AVIA and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I took my wife to the AVIA Hotel, this past weekend for our "baby-moon" before the birth of our first child. I must say, it was the BEST stay I have ever had @ a hotel. I felt like a VIP. Everyone was friendly and courteous and asked how they could make my stay better. We booked the "VIP" package and felt exactly like that. The rooms have GREAT views and are very clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast at the AWESOME breakfast buffet. Everything was fresh and GOOD! It is also reasonably priced for The Woodlands.

My ONLY complaint is that for my package, the Valet Parking was supposed to be included in the rate and I was charged extra for it. I didn't realize it until I returned home.

Other than that, a GREAT stay and I would stay again (and make sure I didn't get charged for the valet again, for my package). Thank you for a WONDERFUL stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LawDog88
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy you and your wife had a great weekend at AVIA. I do apologize that you were charged for the valet parking that was included with your VIP package. Please contact the hotel so that we may correct our error.

I am so glad your baby-moon was wonderful and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Loved the hotel and staff, market street was very interesting, only problem one , we used the limo company listed on your site, not very nice so when we checked out I used a different one The Woodlands Airport Shuttle, better price and very nice folks.

We will return in the fall, thanks again for a wonderfull stay.

The Wilsons,

Room Tip: Plan ahead
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you didn't have a good experience with the limo company listed on our site. I will review the listing to ensure we only offer services that meet our high standards. I am so glad you had an excellent time at AVIA and look forward to your visit this fall.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We just returned from spending 5 nights at the Avia Hotel …… the hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel in the middle of everything you need.
Shops, restaurants, HEB (grocery store) and an open mall just crossing the street.
The rooms are spacious, clean and very nice decorated. The service of the valet parking guys is incredible, those guys (everyone!) are very attentive and always waiting for you and getting what you needed or asked for, really, they make your day! Always with a smile and very, very friendly.
The valet cost 15 dollars per night, not bad for the service (compare to 30 to 40 on other hotels like the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons).

One day we were planning to have breakfast at the pool and to hang out there, my husband and my son went down first, and when I arrived the kitchen was already closed! They close at 10am and re-open at 4 pm ….. so be careful with this if you are planning to stay at pool as we did ….. The waiter offered me some cereal o maybe a fruit but I waited for our early lunch (somewhere else) so in food I can´t tell you how it is, because I didn´t have anything, my husband said his breakfast was just OK. Later a manager (I think) showed up and asks if we needed something, very attentive.

For dinner we went one night to Jaspers, excellent and to Hubble and Hudson with some friends and it was mmmmm delicious …..

We had a great time at The Woodlands and at the Avia Hotel….. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at AVIA so much that you highly recommend to others. Thank you for the great comments regarding the staff. They all work very hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing, memorable experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.