“Great place to stay for the weekend!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Centric The Woodlands

You added Hyatt Centric The Woodlands to your Saves list
Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 1100, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Conroe, Texas
“Great place to stay for the weekend!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I took my wife to the AVIA Hotel, this past weekend for our "baby-moon" before the birth of our first child. I must say, it was the BEST stay I have ever had @ a hotel. I felt like a VIP. Everyone was friendly and courteous and asked how they could make my stay better. We booked the "VIP" package and felt exactly like that. The rooms have GREAT views and are very clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast at the AWESOME breakfast buffet. Everything was fresh and GOOD! It is also reasonably priced for The Woodlands.

My ONLY complaint is that for my package, the Valet Parking was supposed to be included in the rate and I was charged extra for it. I didn't realize it until I returned home.

Other than that, a GREAT stay and I would stay again (and make sure I didn't get charged for the valet again, for my package). Thank you for a WONDERFUL stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank LawDog88
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy you and your wife had a great weekend at AVIA. I do apologize that you were charged for the valet parking that was included with your VIP package. Please contact the hotel so that we may correct our error.

I am so glad your baby-moon was wonderful and hope you will visit us again soon.

Dave Brown, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Loved the hotel and staff, market street was very interesting, only problem one , we used the limo company listed on your site, not very nice so when we checked out I used a different one The Woodlands Airport Shuttle, better price and very nice folks.

We will return in the fall, thanks again for a wonderfull stay.

The Wilsons,

Room Tip: Plan ahead
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you didn't have a good experience with the limo company listed on our site. I will review the listing to ensure we only offer services that meet our high standards. I am so glad you had an excellent time at AVIA and look forward to your visit this fall.

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We just returned from spending 5 nights at the Avia Hotel …… the hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel in the middle of everything you need.
Shops, restaurants, HEB (grocery store) and an open mall just crossing the street.
The rooms are spacious, clean and very nice decorated. The service of the valet parking guys is incredible, those guys (everyone!) are very attentive and always waiting for you and getting what you needed or asked for, really, they make your day! Always with a smile and very, very friendly.
The valet cost 15 dollars per night, not bad for the service (compare to 30 to 40 on other hotels like the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons).

One day we were planning to have breakfast at the pool and to hang out there, my husband and my son went down first, and when I arrived the kitchen was already closed! They close at 10am and re-open at 4 pm ….. so be careful with this if you are planning to stay at pool as we did ….. The waiter offered me some cereal o maybe a fruit but I waited for our early lunch (somewhere else) so in food I can´t tell you how it is, because I didn´t have anything, my husband said his breakfast was just OK. Later a manager (I think) showed up and asks if we needed something, very attentive.

For dinner we went one night to Jaspers, excellent and to Hubble and Hudson with some friends and it was mmmmm delicious …..

We had a great time at The Woodlands and at the Avia Hotel….. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at AVIA so much that you highly recommend to others. Thank you for the great comments regarding the staff. They all work very hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing, memorable experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I went with a group of friends to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party. AVIA is a great place for a weekend with friends or with a spouse. The hotel's decor is very trendy. The atmosphere of the hotel feels fun and trendy as well. The rooms were a nice size and we enjoyed the pool. It was outdoor but on one of the upper levels. Service at the pool was great as well. We really enjoyed our stay at AVIA and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

It is so great to read your group had a great stay at AVIA for the bachelorette party! Thanks for the great comments regarding the atmosphere and the service at the pool. I am so glad you all enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My wife and I decided to spend basically 2 days and one night for our anniversary this past weekend at The Avia in The Woodlands. Let me just say we were very sad to have to leave Sunday morning. We were treated like royalty from the time we pulled into the drive way till we left Sunday morning. The Hotel, the rooms and the breakfast are as good and even better than I have ever had, but what makes the Avia Woodlands is the staff, period. I have traveled the world extensively and stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and this little hotel has the best service I have ever had anywhere. The parking staff, bell hops, front desk staff and especially Jason. Thank you for making our stay one we will never forget, hope to be back very soon!

Room Tip: We booked online on their website.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agespot1
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to read you had an incredible experience at AVIA for your anniversary! Thank you for recognizing the staff. They all work hard to ensure every guest has a relaxed stay and memorable experience and it sounds like they succeeded.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Arrived on Saturday from the UK with a hire car from George Bush and charged $15 per night to park my car. Fine if you have a maserati or ferrari but a hire car Ford Escape....woke up the next morning and realised the con as parking in the main car parks is free. Now the rooms are not bad and equivable in price to the marriot woodlands and better quality with free internet; the marriott charges. However the hotel facilities versus the marriot are not as good on the pool area; but then locality to market street is better. The worst point for the hotel is breakfast which is very slow and unispiring; one of the worst in the US I have stayed in - and I travel all round the world.

I note you respond and challenge/answer everything which amuses me - lets be proactive - I am here till till Thursday (Room 320) - I dont want anything - just contact me in the room or leave me a message as I am busy with customers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dicky_dodd
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I do apologize about the confusion on parking. Valet parking is $15 per day. However, there is complimentary self-parking available as well.

I did not see your review in time to respond to you during you stay regarding breakfast. I apologize the breakfast was not up to your expectations. Our breakfast offers everything from fresh fruit and breads to create your own omelette as well as chef inspired offerings using fresh local ingredients.

I do hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Houston area.

League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the minute we stepped out of our car we were impressed. As mentioned previously the doors are opened for you at all times. The check in was smooth for the most part. One small glitch was that we were given a market view rather than pavillion. T hey made up for it by giving us two beverage tickets which we enjoyed poolside. The decor, ambience, staff and room were lovely. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to read you were impressed by the service the minute arrived and had a fabulous stay at AVIA. I apologize for the glitch at checking but am glad you enjoyed the beverage tickets due to our error. Thank you for choosing and AVIA and we look forward to hosting you again.