“Love, love, love this place”

Hubbell & Hudson Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Hubbell & Hudson Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Robbins
Description: The concept behind our progressive new American bistro is simple. Combine the world-class talent of our Executive Chef Austin Simmons' procure only the best, top-quality ingredients at the peak of freshness and flavor, an inspiration influenced by both classical and modernist techniques from Europe and Asia - The result is an innovative menu that can change as quickly as new deliveries of in-season inspiration arrive. Acclaimed as one of Houston's Top 100 Restaurants, Bistro is open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
Houston, Texas
“Love, love, love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Everything you order is awesome. I was so sad when they closed the grocery store attached, but we still come to the restaurant . The service is good and the food is fabulous.

Visited May 2014

“Not excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I rate Hubbel and Hudson very good only in comparison to the many eateries that are average. Their prices are not justified by the food they offer. My wife and I were guests of my brother and his wife for dinner. He and I chose the same 8- once steak @ $45 each. His sides were onion rings and fries. I had only onion rings. The ladies ordered halibut and sea bass, respectively. We each had a $12 glass of wine. As couples, we shared two desserts -- fried apple pie and lemon cake. Two of us had coffee with our dessert. The over-priced desserts were disappointing. Fries and onion rings were very good but not great. The ladies said that their seafood was quite good. Now for the steaks. My brother commented favorably on his. But I had a negative response to mine. I ordered it medium and it came out medium-well. Mine was tough and not especially flavorful. Service was good. The cost totaled $300 plus 20% tip. If the food had been top quality on every dish, the price would be justified for a class restaurant. This was not the case. Other fine restaurants in metropolitan Houston are superior to H & H.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank John G
USA
“Nice restaurant while in woodlands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times, menu changes frequently so you have variety which is really good not to have always the same, prices are according to woodlands style of life, fresh prepared food and ambience is very upscale very trendy we loved it and recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bryanmantezoni
The Woodlands, Texas
“Always a Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We eat here a couple of times a year. Very comfortable, trendy place. The food is always fantastic. The menu changes every few months and we always come in to experience the new dishes. The entrees are large portions and always cooked and to perfection. If the chef is working, he will make off menu dishes. You just have to tell the waiter what you want and they will ask the chef. My last time in I asked for Lobster Risotto as a side dish and to my expectation, it was cooked perfectly. They seem to specialize more and more in seafood but they also have good steaks. I've never had a bad meal here, and the service is excellent.

Being a wine collector I rarely order wine in restaurants because it's usually way over priced. I was pleasantly surprised to find several reasonably priced bottles (under $70). They don't have a huge wine selection but they do have some pretty good juice.

If you are driving, park in the attached parking garage. They will validate your ticket. Parking is really a breeze but people not familiar with The Woodlands may not be aware of the attached garage. After dinner take a walk down the waterway and work off the calories from their great desserts. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. It's always consistently VERY good.

• Visited April 2014
“Poor attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A friend and I recently chose this restaurant for our " girls day out lunch". We had both eaten at the Hubbell & Hudson on Research Forest and had both good food and service. The service is what I wish to review for the Hubbell & Hudson on The Waterway.
The hostess seemed bothered to find us a table for two and we assumed they were just having a really busy lunch crowd. This was not the case. The room was less than half filled with a mix of business meeting types and simply socializing patrons. Our waitress was no friendlier than the hostess. We had to ask for drink refills. The food was ok. We suspected "two ladies out for lunch" was not worth their time for tips compared to the guys and gals on expense accounts that could have taken our place. Too bad, I usually tip at least 20% for good service!
I do not plan to return to this Hubbell &Hudson location. Nothing special about their food or atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014