“disappointing stay”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
USA
“disappointing stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and often stay at Courtyards. I was very disappointed in this one. My room seemed to have a layer of grime in places that are never cleaned (the basics were clean - bed, sink, bath), but the floor was covered in such a thick layer of dirt that my sock bottoms turned black after walking on the carpet. I would not stay here again, until its updated and refurbished.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
TharaldsonCorporate, Owner at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that we are taking major steps in improving our hotel and most importantly improving the overall experience for all our guests. We are making many significant changes during our complete renovation, which includes new carpet in all our rooms. We hope that you will decide to give Courtyard Houston The Woodlands another try and check out all the new changes next time you are in The Woodlands area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I always stay at Courtyards when we travel with my high school swim team. This one was awful. The staff was not friendly, nor helpful. The hotel was old, and the rooms were so SMALL. There have been no upgrades to this hotel like you see in most other Courtyards. In fact, it is hard for me to believe this is even part of the Marriott chain. It even "smelled" old. We stayed out of the hotel as much as possible. Thankfully, the Woodlands offers so much to do and you don't have to be stuck at this nasty place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We value all guest feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve every guest’s stay at our hotel. We understand your frustrations and are taking action to resolve these issues. We are currently in the middle of a complete interior and exterior renovation to update and improve our hotel. These renovations include new carpet, paint and wall paper in all rooms; a completely redesigned lobby which includes more sitting room for our guests to visit with family, friends or colleagues; and we will also be transforming our restaurant into the new Courtyard Bistro with an option for not only breakfast, but also dinner. We hope that with these improvements you will give the Courtyard Houston The Woodlands another chance next time you are in the area.
Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I had to make a last minute reservation here. I agree with the previous user who said this hotel has not kept up with the upgrades for Courtyards. I am disappointed. I am a platinum and have over 150 Marriott nights per year. I will stay at a different Marriott next time I need to come to this area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Lake Charles, LA
Reviewed February 25, 2009

This hotel has a great location and the beds are very nice. But they are NOT about customer service..... I will NOT stay at this location again !!!!! The staff are not very welcoming or about friendly customer service..... The problem that I had was a small problem with my reservation that was made online thru Expedia but I was like "OK, thats Ok" . But when I was told that for the price you paid for this room, we cant even offer you a free breakfast. I guess a $116.65 for the nite isnt enough $$ to be treated with any type of respect. And I even called their customer care line to let them know how very rude and i was not happy with this location, I received the same poor attitude from them. I would expected more from this hotel than I received. Customer service is NOT a priority for them at all.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laiknic
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
I would like to thank you for the feedback on our hotel and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in The Woodlands area.
New York, NY
Reviewed October 23, 2008

This hotel had a nice lobby/sitting area, friendly staff, and a great pool. It was very conveniently located near The Woodlands Mall and within easy walking distance of Luby's and Target, yet in a very quiet, tree-lined setting. The internet service was reliable wi-fi. The staff was very gracious. Breakfast buffet was excellent; very well-maintained and clean, pleasant breakfast area.

Two examples of how hotel staff took extra steps to make sure we were happy despite problems: (1) both times in-room movies were ordered, the picture went grainy a little ways into the film. The staff was courteous but did not have the ability to address the problem, so they provided free breakfast coupons. (2) the last day at the hotel our room was not cleaned. The hotel provided another room as the cleaning staff had left.

A good hotel for business trips to The Woodlands, or for proximity to the beautiful mall and downtown outdoor areas.

• Liked — Excellent staff; convenience; pleasant atmosphere
  • Disliked — In-room movies; price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I have come to expect more from Courtyards by Marriott. This property however does not seem to keep up with the newer ones. The bathroom fixture was missing, just bare bulbs for the 3 nights I stayed. Things are looking a little frayed. My room had a nice balcony but cigarette butts lying about. Room smelled faintly of smoke. Only decaf coffee no real stuff 2 of 3 days, though h I did ask. The property is OK and I would stay again if I needed to be in the area. Would have liked an outdoor pool in Texas but not a big deal.

• Liked — In the midst of many shops and restaurants, be a good place for a shopping getaway if you’re into that sort of thing tons of shops…
  • Disliked — A bit drab, no out door pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank alli
Reno, Nv.
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I have stayed here a number of times The staff is top notch.
Great location. Rooms are clean. Nice lobby. I think you will be happy.
If you want the very best in the area try the Marriot nearby, but it will cost much more.

• Liked — staff/location
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Brucer22