“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Baton Rouge, La
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The thing I like the most about any Marriott property is consistency. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. This Courtyard is conveniently located near great shopping and dining! Staff was awesome. Enjoyed a great Starbucks Latte every morning! Will stay here again when in The Woodlands!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for only one night in order to attend a funeral the next day. We just pretty much slept there. We didn't check in until about 10pm and left by 8am the next day. A relative used his points for our room and the check in seemed to go smoothly. Our king room was on the first floor facing the parking area. It was a quiet and very clean room. There was a refrigerator, but no microwave. The room was large. The vanity area is separate from the shower area and I like that. There wasn't a luggage rack and that's the only downfall I found with the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. It's close to the Woodlands Mall and several restaurants. There is a Luby's right next door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The check in was great! The room was clean...except the big black curly hair in the restroom...gross. The bed was "just ok" nothing to rave about. What really ticked me off was the crappy pillows. For $200 a night ( including tax) the pillows should be not be lumpy! You could see the lumps before you touched them. There are 5 pillow on each bed. All 10 exactly the same. Wouldn't it be smart to have at least 2 firm pillows in the mix, 2 medium and 2 soft, with 4 cheap fillers? That way, every guest could find a pillow they liked? I couldn't get comfy and woke up with a sore neck and upper back. Sorry, Marriot, going cheap on the pillows is no way to earn a loyal guest. Oh, thanks for the exfoliation treatment with your small, rough towels. Good grief! They are too small to wrap around your body, we aren't big people. Breakfast was quick, and had a gluten free option, yeah.

Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mary-Ann C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that check in was great and you were able to enjoy our gluten free breakfast options! Please accept my apology that the pillows were not to your liking. We do have extra pillows available at our front desk that we would have been more than happy to bring you. I hope you will keep this in mind and give us another chance on your next visit to The Woodlands.

Miranda W.
Assistant General Manager
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I go to the Renaissance Festival every year. Great rates, just renovated, clean, very nice staff morning and night. Very close to several restaurants and the Woodlands Mall. The only insignificant complaint is that there wasn't microwave in the room. There is a small refrigerator. Rooms are a little on the small side, but well furnished and comfortable bed. My room had a balcony. We will be back again next year for another stay. It was the best price of all that I checked out in the area at the time I booked the reservation. I am sure that varies from season to season and events near by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, quiet and pleasant. I was impressed by the small but extremely efficient and tasty bistro that serves breakfast and dinner and has a nice bar area. Housekeeping was very accommodating as well. Very nice pool and exercise area. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the Lionel Richie concert! We had a wonderful time despite the rain. Our stay at the Courtyard was the icing on top. Stephanie was cordial upon check-in and even asked were we in town for the concert! Room was very neat and clean. We could not have asked for better for our short stay. I went down the next morning for towels and had no problem! Stephanie and Lisa were very helpful and got me everything that I needed. I am attending a wedding next month in the area and I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott! Great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive for a courtyard and for the location so I arrived expecting it to be worth it. It wasn't.

My coworker chose this hotel. So I gave it a shot even though I sensed better values were nearby.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean, which is good.

But that's where the good ends.

We asked for a late checkout. Even though we spent more than $500 for a hotel just off the interstate (for two rooms), nope, no late checkout.

Since we paid full fare I asked for breakfast vouchers. Nope. (Other courtyards do this sometimes).

Rather than take one from my room, I asked if I could have an extra do not disturb sign. While she looked for one, we left without one.

For as much as we paid, I expected more. Oh well. Next time I will stay at another nearby hotel that is just as nice, half the price and includes free breakfast. The courtyard was not bad, but for the price there are better options nearby.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear HappyDonor,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, comfortable and clean. I'm very sorry to read that you had a negative experience at my hotel. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate all of your requests and understand how frustrating that would be. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area you will give us another chance to say "yes".

Steve T.