“Great Value, Near Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Houston The Woodlands

Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great Value, Near Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I go to the Renaissance Festival every year. Great rates, just renovated, clean, very nice staff morning and night. Very close to several restaurants and the Woodlands Mall. The only insignificant complaint is that there wasn't microwave in the room. There is a small refrigerator. Rooms are a little on the small side, but well furnished and comfortable bed. My room had a balcony. We will be back again next year for another stay. It was the best price of all that I checked out in the area at the time I booked the reservation. I am sure that varies from season to season and events near by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, quiet and pleasant. I was impressed by the small but extremely efficient and tasty bistro that serves breakfast and dinner and has a nice bar area. Housekeeping was very accommodating as well. Very nice pool and exercise area. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the Lionel Richie concert! We had a wonderful time despite the rain. Our stay at the Courtyard was the icing on top. Stephanie was cordial upon check-in and even asked were we in town for the concert! Room was very neat and clean. We could not have asked for better for our short stay. I went down the next morning for towels and had no problem! Stephanie and Lisa were very helpful and got me everything that I needed. I am attending a wedding next month in the area and I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott! Great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive for a courtyard and for the location so I arrived expecting it to be worth it. It wasn't.

My coworker chose this hotel. So I gave it a shot even though I sensed better values were nearby.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean, which is good.

But that's where the good ends.

We asked for a late checkout. Even though we spent more than $500 for a hotel just off the interstate (for two rooms), nope, no late checkout.

Since we paid full fare I asked for breakfast vouchers. Nope. (Other courtyards do this sometimes).

Rather than take one from my room, I asked if I could have an extra do not disturb sign. While she looked for one, we left without one.

For as much as we paid, I expected more. Oh well. Next time I will stay at another nearby hotel that is just as nice, half the price and includes free breakfast. The courtyard was not bad, but for the price there are better options nearby.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear HappyDonor,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, comfortable and clean. I'm very sorry to read that you had a negative experience at my hotel. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate all of your requests and understand how frustrating that would be. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area you will give us another chance to say "yes".

Steve T.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

There are multiple Marriotts in The Woodlands area. The closer you are to the Mall, the nicer the facility and the higher the price. This Courtyard, and the Residence Inn next door, are located just behind (north) of the Target and just west ofI 45. It is fairly new, very clean and convenient. It is close to the freeway, so room placement can be important to avoid noise. The Residence Inn next door is a bit farther from I 45 and includes breakfast.

There were two down sides to the Courtyard: a super shallow tub, so even when full, you may not have much water coverage; and it took a very long time for the water to get hot. I suggest you turn on the shower, do something else, and then come back to get in! Some of the rooms have balconies, but the parking lot is not particularly picturesque.

Despite those comments, if the price was right, I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room on the third floor, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice rooms, great lobby decor and bar is open late for drinks. Breakfast is made to order and anything you would want. I had the French toast .
Bedding was new and very comfortable . This hotel is close to the mall and great restaurants .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank tsimmons2
Olvera, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not what I expected, the staff seem eager to please, however, I was not pleased when I was told no laundry at the weekends (the is nothing written on the laundry documentation to that effect). bistro menu was limited, but overall hotel is in a reasonable condition, although I found and drowned a cockroach in my room. I won't be staying here next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear AksaiOiler,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard Houston The Woodlands. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I'm also sorry that you were inconvenienced because we do not offer weekend laundry service. I'm sure you are not the only guest who would use this service so I will be looking into it to see if it's a possibility. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you might give us another opportunity.

Steve T.