“Highly recommend!”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Austin, Texas
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel. I have no complaints. Lovely location in the pines with nearby restaurants and shopping. Easy access and great free parking. The hotel staff were especially nice.

Room Tip: Good high speed Internet services
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nmwlsw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I reserved a 1 night stay at this hotel. after checking out at 11:33 AM the next morning and traveling four hours home, I checked my account. They had charged me for two nights and are trying to tell me I stayed two night and that is what my original reservation was for.

They said management would look into it and call me back. Did I get a call back, no. Did I keep calling them, yes. They are still telling me I stayed two nights even though I can provide them with receipts from lunch, gas, etc in route back to Dallas, TX. I don't understand why there system is so flaweed, but as a Marriott Reward member, I'm about to drop them all togther. I travel a lot on business and someone else is about to get my business.

My hope is that they come back and appologize for the misunderstanding, but I have a feeling they will keep fighting me on this one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Clayton B
texas
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I didn't like the location of this hotel, though it's perfectly adequate I guess. Decent workout facility - they didn't cram the equipment into a odd corner like they do at some hotels. Very small bathroom and no fridge in room were my two biggest issues.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Do not stay here until construction is complete! The second floor walls and floor are covered in drywall spackle and paint that sticks to your shoes. The noise during the day made it impossible to carry on a business teleconference, and the rate was raised $20 above the normal rate just for the conference. It was more expensive than the fancier Marriott conference hotel! The room wasn't cleaned the first day, and I found a roach in my bed the third night, and when checking to make sure it wasn't bedbugs, I found boogers on the bedskirt.

To be fair, the room is generally pretty, the bed is comfortable, and the bathroom is clean. The staff has been polite and friendly, but the hotel should not be gouging rates when it's a complete mess!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rockdoc44
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We are Marriott Gold Rewards members and stay at a lot of Courtyards. We chose this one specifically because of it's location for a recent wedding. We knew there would be construction noise, but often found ourselves greeted by workers coming and going from the elevators. It was rather scary with our small grand-daughter wanting to "push the buttons" to find her almost run over by emerging workers.

We can't say enough about the great customer service! All of the employees went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, even bringing breakfast to the room, since the dining area was out of commission. They also provided a nightly complimentary "happy hour" which helped ease the distaste of the renovation.

The location is great, with easy access to I-45 and the Woodlands Mall, but I would be sure to ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. During one sleepless night, we heard freeway traffic, as well as the delivery trucks (I'm assuming) arriving at the Target on the other side of the street. The back of the hotel backs to the parking lot of the Residence Inn and was much quieter. All in all, this was an OK Courtyard, but I'd probably look elsewhere for the next trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This hotel is close to great dining and shopping in The Woodlands. Nice easy access to freeway as well. I have never had a problem with the staff and found everyone to be welcoming.
I am looking forward to the renovations! Although rooms and lobby area are usually pretty clean, things are a bit dated. There are a lot of hotel options to choose from in the area and the renovations will help this Courtyard become a top player.
I like this Courtyard because of the location and the price is usually reasonable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and often stay at Courtyards. I was very disappointed in this one. My room seemed to have a layer of grime in places that are never cleaned (the basics were clean - bed, sink, bath), but the floor was covered in such a thick layer of dirt that my sock bottoms turned black after walking on the carpet. I would not stay here again, until its updated and refurbished.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
TharaldsonCorporate, Owner at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that we are taking major steps in improving our hotel and most importantly improving the overall experience for all our guests. We are making many significant changes during our complete renovation, which includes new carpet in all our rooms. We hope that you will decide to give Courtyard Houston The Woodlands another try and check out all the new changes next time you are in The Woodlands area.