“Great no frills Value”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Great no frills Value”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Stayed here for 10 nights in November and have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The room was clean and made up every day although my colleague did complain his room was not made up until 6 on two occasions. The breakfast was fine, internet worked fine and for the money I doubt you could come close anywhere else in the Woodlands. My only gripe was that a couple of the machines in the excercise room were not working and laundry had to be collected from the front desk - which is fine if you remeber it the night before you need it!

The Hotel is what it claims to be - a friendly clean convinient hotel that offers excellent service to cost aware travellers who are just looking for a nice clean room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Braeriach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Littleton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My family was down in The Woodlands for my cousin's wedding. They had booked a block of rooms at the Marriott down the street, but even at the discounted price they were too pricey for my Mom and me so I booked us at Drury. I was a little nervous due to all the amenities offered at such a low price, but my fears were unfounded. The hotel was lovely, with a bright open lobby and easy check-in. Our room was just right for 2 people, pretty quite and most importantly- clean. There had been a lot of talk of bedbugs in hotels all over the country, so we went over that room and those beds from top to bottom and found nothing to be out of place. As for the FREE extras we got fresh made popcorn and soda in the lobby starting at 3pm, 3 drinks per person (liquor, beer or wine) each night, all you can eat "snacks" (which could easily feed a family, our first night it was hot dogs, baked beans, baked potatos and chips) starting at 5pm, breakfast in the morning (yogurt, cereal, eggs, biscuts and gravy, toast, sausage, ect.), wireless internet access, computers with pinters in the lobby and an hour of long distance per night. The rest of our family stayed at the Marriott and only got coffee in their rooms. This place was so great, obviously not as fancy as the Marriott, but absolutely perfect for us and such an incredible value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank newenglandtothecore
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2010

For this type of hotel it was really quite refreshing. First of all we were able to take our dog with no additional charge. I was expecting a "pet friendly" room which aren't always the nicest rooms. but when we got our room I was pleased and surprised it wasn't. I was worried however, we ended up with a room overlooking the lobby area. I thought oh great we are going to hear everything and I'm never going to get any sleep. While not the quietest room I've ever been we did not hear the noise from the lobby (you could hear the traffic from the freeway). So that made me happy.

We were in town for a family wedding and the next morning we were one of the first ones up to enjoy the breakfast. It was delicious. I've not been to a hotel where they offer such a variety of choices, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, bread for toast, cereal (4 flavors), yogurt, waffles, and I'm sure I've missed something. AND it was tasty. So we sat there and ended up meeting people we knew and then were introduced to family members we hadn't met before so we just carried our conversation out into the lobby area (complete with dog) and had a great time visiting we even went so far as to do it again the next morning.

The staff was very helpful with directions, recommendations, and just about anything we needed.

It was indeed a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed at the Drury the evening of November 5. The location is convenient, just off the highway and the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. I checked in late and my room was on the 6th floor in the front of the hotel. There was significant noise from the highway that woke me up several times during the evening. In addition even though this was a non smoking room, there was an odor of cigarette smoke in both the bedding and the chair. Although the room seemed well maintained on first appearance, it just did not feel "Clean". I checked out after one evening and had a much better experience in the next hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and do want to reassure you that the cleanliness issues will be addressed. It is very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us to identify any concerns with our team to make the appropriate change for upcoming stays. If you have any further questions about Drury, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for your feedback and we do hope we'll have a chance to see you as our guest again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Two friends and I stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites this past weekend while attending the Texas Renaissance Fair. We stayed in a suite which had a large living room with a pull out sofa and a large bedroom with a king size bed. Both rooms had 32" TVs. We had a mini fridge and a microwave. The suite was attractive and very clean. The best part was every evening they had 5:30 Kickback, with food and free drinks. The nights we were there they had baked potatoes, salad, hot dogs, chili, assorted chips. During the week it does vary. We each had a card good for three free drinks and there was a full bar so it wasn't just beer and wine. Also every morning there is a free full breakfeast which included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy french toast, a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, bagles, donuts and different types of breads. This was a great deal for people traveling with families, which there were several at the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly with every single one saying hello and good morning, good evening, even the housekeeping staff. We were made to feel very welcome and saved a lot of money not having to buy dinner or breakfast. I would definitely stay at Drury Inn and Suites again. This area is a suburb so there is not a lot around to do, although there was a very nice mall practically next door. The surroundings are very pretty, too. All in all this was a great place to stay if visiting the Texas Renaissance Fair, which is about 45 minutes away.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Meant to post this months ago! Stayed here for 3 nights while attending friends' son's wedding in February - location was paramount. The staff were polite, charming & efficient & we thoroughly enjoyed our time here. We would usually stay with these friends when visiting the area, but they had family staying with them for the wedding, so we needed somewhere local for the first few nights of our trip. The only small criticism I have is that breakfast choices were quite limited & would have become tiresome if we'd stayed any longer, but for the cost of the stay I shouldn't really complain!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Room was very spacious and exceeded our expectations. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to our specific needs. We were so impressed that we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else if we return to The Woodlands. They definately don't want you to go hungry because they offer a free hot breakfast and afternoon snacks with complimentary cocktails. Nicer than any of the top luxurious expensive hotel chains that my family has stayed in.

• Stayed February 2010