“Loud....3 sleepless night.”

Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Drury Inn at the end of March 2013 on buisness. We decided to try the hotel again because we were there back in 2009 and thought it was great. At that time, the place was clean, the staff friendly and the extras like free breakfast and food & drinks in the evening were a bonus. We also found our room to be quiet, but not this time around. Though the hotel is being renovated (which they really should let you know before you book), it was still clean, the staff very friendly but we got a suite that faced out towards the freeway. OMG! You wouldn't believe the noise that you hear. It's a constant roar. If you are a light sleeper like I am, then don't stay here unless you are guaranteed a room on the backside of the hotel.

My suggestion for the Drury Inn would be, since you are in the middle of renovations, replace all the outside windows with triple or quadruple panes. Use the ones that most European hotels use. That will knock down the noise considerably. Other than that, the hotel is well cared for, though it is old and a bit dated, it looks like they are making some improvements.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the hotel away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laura S
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize that you were not able to get a great night's sleep based on the location of your room. I hope that you gave us the opportunity to offer a room change to accommodate this problem. Please give us another opportunity to serve you. We can offer a room on a higher floor next time and toward the back of the hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My car window was smashed in along with 2 other cars. They stole an empty wallet inside the console. The management suggested to take everything out of the vehicle so I guess the thieves walking around with flashlights will not break in. I'm disturbed by the fact that management accepts the fact that there are thieves walking around the hotel on their property and doesn't do anything about it. If these people are brave enough to smash window in cars they are brave enough to have a gun and rob an innocent person. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kms154
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Let us first apologize that you had a bad experience while in The Woodlands. Although car break-ins happen in any major city, they are not a typical occurrence for our location in an affluent suburb of Houston. Nonetheless, we still take extra safety precautions such as security gates, signs notifying our guests to not to leave their valuables in plain sight, enhanced parking lot lighting, and 24 hour on site staff. Due to these precautions, we encounter fewer issues than surrounding businesses. Again, thank you for your feedback which will help us continue to evaluate our safety/security procedures.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located off of I-45 and is a short drive from shopping at The Woodlands. This hotel is is older than the others in this area, but it still compares. No issues with check in and parking. Their happy hour is a good perk. Breakfast is also good. My only complaint it the interstate noise and the walls are poorly insulated. If you are here on business, make sure that you are not placed near a noisy party. You can hear everything a guest is doing in the rooms beside yours; flushing toilets, blowing nose, talking etc. For the amount you pay, you are getting a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Drury is way to expensive. Offers same service of any other Drury in the country but charges much more than any other Drury. Staff is very service oriented and helpful, but the price charged is too much for this kind of hotel. Working area in the lobby ... not the right time to come to get a quiet time. Not the best Drury I've been in all my years of travelling ... but not the worst

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you experienced during our renovation. We have tried to do our best to keep the noise to a minimum with having the work performed between the hours of 9am - 4:30pm. Our rates are based on demand and do vary from property to property, however the Drury Inn & Suites The Woodlands is very competitively priced for the surrounding area. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great amenities here. Hot breakfast buffet, popcorn and sodas and coffee all day, 3 free cocktails and food buffet 5:30-7pm daily. Indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. Dish TV, fridge, microwave in room. Comfortable beds and pillows. Modern, clean bathroom with lots of towels. Located in the best shopping area of the Woodlands and right off the highway.
Very friendly staff, too.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room and was on the 6th floor #624 furthest side from I-45.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank starannette
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice hotel, it was very busy with travelers but the staff was awesome and made sure everyone got served at each event ( breakfast and happy hour) . If they saw your glass was empty they'd get you another beverage or whatever. The hotel was spotless and although our room was on a corner , it was very quiet! There were plenty of baggage trolleys too! Not just 2 or 3 like other hotels. Very nice stay!

Room Tip: Higher room have better view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here last week on business. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff overall was very nice and was always asking if need anything. The free breakfast was good and hot with eggs, potatoes and biscuits and gravy. Also had waffles, fruit and cereal. Evening time they had 3 free alcoholic drinks, free popcorn, free soft drinks and free food (hot dogs, mac n cheese, baked potatoes, chips and chicken fingers). The only problem I had was my company got the hotel through expedia for non smoking. I was given a smoking room that smelled. On second night I called front desk to ask if was a smoking room, was advised yes it was. I advised was suppose to be non smoking and was told by night manager that when you order through 3rd party sites you get the rooms that are left over and they did not have a non smoking room. Also in front of the hotel is a 8 lane interstate so the noise at night from the trucks driving by is very loud!! I emailed the main office the second night and the general manager called me next day and transferred me to a non smoking room further from the traffic. It should have not taken me emailing corporate to get my room transferred. If you can handle the traffic noise it is a great place to stay for business travelors.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a non smoking room away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank allynbrian
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced with the noise. As for booking with a 3rd party we have limited control over how they book your reservation. I always suggest booking directly on the hotels website or calling Drury reservations so we can ensure that you are aware of the details of the room type you booked. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you again next time you're in The Woodlands.