“Cross La Quinta off my list...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North

La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Fresno, California
“Cross La Quinta off my list...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

I chose La Quinta because of the advertising I'd seen; it looked affordable, clean, with "free high-speed internet". It was a cold night when I got to my room so the first thing I did was attempt to turn on the heat but the knob on the thermostat was broken and I had to play with it a bit to get it started (and turn it off). Being a business traveler, I got out my laptop and tried to get on the internet...with no luck. I called the front desk and reception said "yeah, its in & out"...just like I'll be as a customer, I thought to myself. Looking over the bathroom, I saw peeling paint, old caulking, and tattered baseboards. Walking in my stocking feet across the carpet, I stepped on something...I picked it up and found it was a piece of beef jerky...now I was less hungry than before. I wanted to charge my cell phone and laptop but had to unplug the refrigerator and microwave to accomplish this...no power outlets anywhere. The bed was very low to the ground; it felt like a "junior bed"...I'm not a junior anymore. The photo-copied and faded courtesy note from the manager said to call her at any time if I'm not completely satisfied..It was 10:30pm and I didn't have the heart to call her that late at night. Also,the furniture seemed cheap and well-used. I was planning on a 5 night stay but checked out the next morning. Upon checking out the receptionist quipped "How was your stay?". I listed only 2 things from the aforementioned list and she knocked off $15 from my bill. No more La Quinta for me....the next night I checked into a Hampton Inn and breathed a sigh of relief.

• Liked — Outside appearance looked inviting, cozy.
  • Disliked — Quality
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gartravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
durham, nc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2008

Stayed for one night. No problems. They posted signs that they were renovating. The rooms were not up to par with the nicer La Quintas, but it is def not a 2 star hotel. The only thing that I would say needs A LOT of work is the fitness center. It has one old treadmill that didn't work, one stationary bike that didn't work, so I was left with a stairmaster. One set of 6 lbs weights for your lifting needs.
The continental breakfast had a good variety, and I asked for more coffee to be brewed, the staff were happy and quick to do it.

The service is 5 stars, they are really nice and were very helpful. No problems with customer service at all.

the beds were comfortable and the sheets with a bleach smell.
the bathroom was small and was not renovated. the toiletries lack hair conditioner and shower gel.
overall a 2.5 star hotel. Great service but otherwise ok.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank interviewqueen
Frisco (Dallas), TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2005

Older hotel as others were saying. Good rates and EXCELLENT location for concerts at the Woodlands Pavilion. We stay here every time we drive in for a concert. Close to mall and restaurants and they take dogs. This place gets packed when a big shows comes to town so be sure and book early.

• Stayed October 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2005

stayed there many times in 2003/2004. while the place needs some cleaning (mainly on the outside) the rooms are decent. i think they're under new management and the staff is very accomodating. i believe they've also done some renovation on some of the rooms. oh yeah, they're really cool about wearing minimal swimwear in the pool area. my girlfriend and i wore thongs there, and they didn't have any problems!

• Stayed April 2003, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2005

older place in need of some renovating, but reasonable rates, excellent staff. nice pool in the middle of all the rooms in a courtyard. stay in the higher floors for newer less used rooms. all in all, a ok place for the price.