“Very satisfactory for the price”

La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very satisfactory for the price”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is older, however it was well kept. The beds were very comfortable and the a/c was kickin. They had a very good assortment for the continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a great price on priceline so we stayed two nights.

It did smell a lil musty in the room when we first arrived, however, that seemed to disappear once we had the a/c running for a little while.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel was convienienty located close to The Woodlands mall and we were only there for one night. I was not impressed with the outward appearance- old looking. My room was pleasantly satisfying, it appears to have been recently painted and cleaned. The only "worn" looking fixture was the tub. The bed was very comfortable and noise level was very quiet. Internet was not working, but front desk contacted tech support and got it going. Breakfast was ok, not too big of a selection, but hey, for free what can you say? Overall I think it was a good value for this area of the Houston area.

Room Tip: Back side (West) is away from the freeway and is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BURLESON
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The front desk attendant met me with my room key card, calling me by name, as soon as I walked in the door, couldn't have had better service, bed was comfortable, room was clean, and outside entrance to ground floor room just what I needed with golf clubs and luggage!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank SAM R
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel!!!! The beds were great. It is a great location, great restaurants and shopping centers. My kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast. I would stay there again. For my next trip to Houston, I will definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia S
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Well, she SURE "managed" ME though!
Had the misfortune to have to be in TX for a funeral, so things weren't great to start off with, but the manager, one LISA MANON shouldn't even be allowed CONTACT with customers by running a register at McDonalds!
I arrived later in the eve, just finished a 500 mile straight-thru roadtrip, so I was tired & ready to rest- I THOUGHT because the place was in The Woodlands that it would be a BETTER hotel, but BOY was i wrong!
1st I was informed by the night clerk that I would have to pay with a credit card because they had no money to make change with, so I used the card my boyfriend of 20 years(sorry, I don't HAVE to marry him to make someone else feel better) had GIVEN ME TO USE. Night guy was sweet & helpful; even got me an ashtray to use in my "smoking" room.
Later i discovered how absolutely FILTHY the room was- down to peanut shells ALL over the floor & a completely sticky environment. It looked like they had just barely straightened out the sheets from the last visitor, so I spread some towels on the bed & used my own pillow.
Went down in the morning to request that they clean the room while I was out(having PAID for 2 nights), & the Manon broad asserted her domineerance upon her "customer," to SHOW ME who was boss around there & told me in front of the breakfast crowd that I had no right to use someone else's card and demanded payment in full on the SPOT! Also told me I had been in a non-smoking room & that there would be a "fee" for smoking it it! SPANKED me like a BRAT. I was standing there in my freakin pajamas with my mouth hanging open in SHOCK! How DARE i ask that they clean that room i hadn't even paid for, lol! Told her i couldn't just crap it out on the spot & she was just going to have to WAIT. NEXT thing I know, her crony is standing outside of my door in the walkway, broadcasting loudly to the maid & ALL OF THE GUESTS ON THAT LEVEL how I was a NON-PAYING customer & they were going to call the police if I [sic] didn't pony up REAL fast! So I had to stop what i was doing & went down there & waved a BUNCH of hundreds in her face & said, "So you only want ONE of these, riiight?"
There was absolutely nothing convenient in any way, shape, sort or form to this place. I should've slept in the CAR- I'd have been more comfortable, especially from the berating that this woman felt compelled to bestow upon me, making me an EXAMPLE to the other guests when I had lost one of my best friends & family members.
I spent the next night at the Drury Inn; only a few doors down, few dollars more & possessing all of the characteristics you'd like to see from a PROFESSIONAL chain. I highly recommend it!
I will never EVER stay at ANY La Quinta, nor any of the chains' other hotels. They've lost my business for GOOD, & I hope this review saves you from going thru what that broad put me thru! I DO plan on filing a formal complaint to corporate, but I SURE don't want their worthless vouchers, lol! They HAVE nothing to offer that I want, unless it would be a full REfund.
TERRIBLE place, HORRID woman!
Oh, ps: the pool was filthy, too. I took pictures of the ALL the filth, but was so disgusted when I saw them again I erased them.
Mary Hiner, Tulsa, OK

Room Tip: Go somewhere else- anywhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family