“Awful”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Brussels, Belgium
“Awful”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The room was small and smelt. Bathroom and bedroom were dirty. I did not feel safe in the lobby. Receptionist was not interested. Breakfast was limited to say the least. Stay here only if every other hotel in The Woodlands is booked up.

Room Tip: Get one on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Johnson City, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I think there was a small family run hotel on Isla Mujeres that was worse than this one. That's the only place I've stayed at that could compare. Found out if you use Hotwire to book your room they'll turn off access to the room phone and movies after 10pm. Shows you where this hotel is headed. We had a party going on in the parking lot; paper-thin walls, insects (crawling and flying varieties), a bathroom that had the "eau de sewer" perfume, and several mariachi bands (I guess that's what they were) roaming the complex. There is no reason to stay at this hotel when the overpass nearby is much more convenient, quieter, and comfortable. Plus, if you are quicker than the nutria, you can get a better breakfast. I can't say enough about this room except just say no. There are many options in this area; this isn't one of them.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ny
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Great friendly service, nice location, good food, but the bathrooms smelled so bad though it looked clean. It was the only flaw. The hum of the highway was not a big deal. Pool was really nice too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blahtalkin
Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2010

During my stay I saw bugs crawling on the counter which were well camouflaged by the granite countertop.
Unbelievably, my eye make up was stolen. One day my mascara, the next my eyeshadow. Hard to understand why anyone would want to take someone else's make-up - it's like stealing underwear! I let the front desk know so they would be aware of the quality of their housekeeping staff, but they didn't seem to be very surprised or to care much about my report.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed here on a Friday night. I won't stay here again, as for me the location was too louf (right next to the interstate) and the shape of the building makes the east side into a huge sound cauldron. On the west side you may be OK. The noise from the highway (loud... seriously).... and the noisy internal A/C were not for me. The staff were very friendly though. The Dennys next door is handy as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Port Lavaca
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Upong arriving we were able to check in early, this was a plus for us so we could unload our luggage and get ready for the afternoon. However, I quickly noticed we only had 3 large towels and 2 wash cloths. I had reserved a room for 2 adults and 2 children, simple math, equals to 4 towels. I called the front desk and requested 1 more large towel and 2 more wash clothes. Front desk said they would bring to our room. We left for the evening, when we returned there were no extra towels brought to our room. Called front desk in the morning to ask for the towels I had asked for the night before. Phone rang forever and my daughter hung up. I had her call back and told her to let the phone ring until someone answers. She was told by a lady at the front desk they would see what they could do. How were we supposed to all shower if we did not have towels. I decided I would walk down to the front desk myself, after waiting for a hour. I saw a cleaning lady on the 2nd floor and asked her if she had any extra towels. Speaking very little English and understanding even less English I was able to get the towels I needed from her. During the stay we were in the lobby on the day we checked in and the day we checked out for a bit, noticed that both employees seems to be on their personel cell phone either outside or behind the desk. I was not pleased to be watching the TV in the Lobby and hearing the front desk clerk's entire personal business. Location was great, near restuarant's, Mall, Pavillion Center.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Immediately upon entering the hotel room we were overwhelmed by the smell of some sort of cleaning product covering up cigarette smoke and other strange odors. We brought this to the attention of the clerk behind the check-in desk and she said no other rooms were available. We checked in at 3:10 so I questioned whether or not the other rooms were just reserved or just occupied. She said they were reserved and room assignments cannot be changed. Also, we found a rather large bug in the sheets and when I swiped it away it popped and blood splattered onto the sheets. Additionally, the noise from the freeway was louder than expected. I've stayed at other motels near interstates before and this place had the worst sound insulation I've ever experienced.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple