“Excellent Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family stayed in a lovely newly renovated two bedroom suite with a separate living room and kitchen. It was comfortable and the rooms are quite large. A family member stayed in a King Suite and it was really nice as well. Nice breakfast, quiet location and very helpful staff. It was one of two hotels I found in the area that allow dogs. I highly recommend this hotel if you can book a remodeled room.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dallaschick

Reviewed February 11, 2012

In this hotel you get a suite with a living room with a kitchenette (stove, fridge, microwave), a bedroom and a bathroom. The hotel shows its age a little, but overall it was clean and in good repair. The bed was comfortable, and there's plenty of space in the rooms. Breakfast is included, and some nights there's a 'happy hour' with free drinks and snacks. Staff were always pleasant and helpful. My room was a little noisy as I think there was a big airco unit just outside. Overall not a bad place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John B
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I firmly believe you get what you pay for, and this residence inn was no dump. It was nice. Clean (though we did have to ask for housekeeping a few times). The "crib" was a dumpy pack n play rather than a crib, the indoor pool was a little too cold, but all in all the suite was nice, the bed was comfy and the breakfast was VERY GOOD!
To sleep 4 kids and 2 adults (one kid was a baby) i'd say we didn't do too bad!
location was awesome! just a short drive or walk to the Woodlands Mall!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniBeem
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I found this hotel on the Internet, Marriott Rewards area. We wanted to stay within walking distance of the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for a concert. While the property seemed clean and quiet -- my big complaint is that we used the whirlpool (the second reason why I chose this property). When my boyfriend got in the whirlpool with a royal blue swimsuit, he came out with a light gray swimsuit. After several days, my royal blue swimsuit is now periwinkle colored with white spots. My silver jewelry was destroyed that belonged to my deceased sister. My hair was fried and the chemical caused it to stick together and I had to yank out a lot of my hair, the skin on my hands peeled off 2 days later. They gave me a whopping $50 off of my bill. We called the Montgomery County Health Dept. By the time they went out there, the chemical situation in the whirlpool was corrected. (I just found out today - 8/11/11 - that they went to the wrong property at first so this property ample time to correct their chemical levels.) Oh, and BTW, the maintenance person (if Harry really does exist) never responded to the fron't desk's pages or calls. I am a conference planner and I will tell everyone I know NOT TO STAY AT THIS PROPERTY. I own a pool. My pool service provider told me that that had to have been MASSIVE amounts of chemicals put in the water to do what it did to us. Also, the jets in the whirlpool did not work well nor was it hot water. Lukewarm at best.

Update: Unfortunately, I had posted this previously on the wrong hotel, but now am posting this on the CORRECT property. I wrote them again last week because I still am very unhappy about what transpired there with them saying they hadn't done anything wrong and the chemicals in the pool and whirlpool are checked daily. Well, HARRY must be following the wrong chart to get the chemicals so incredibly toxic to bleach clothes, ruin jewelry and have the skin peel off of your body. Thanks Tink for not taking our complaints seriously. This is what you get.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank catkiss
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel was very nice and staff friendly and helpful, but the pull out sofa my daughter slept on was awful. The mattress was in very poor condition and wore out. The desk clerk brought us roll-away bed that was just alittle better. Other than that this was a great stay. They also had a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TamCooper
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Big comfortable rooms and great staff. This is going to seem like a weird complaint, but the countertops in the bathrooms are unusually low, so I had to bend way over to wash my face. Other nit is the workout area is really dinky. Really dinky. But overall a good value and conveniently located - easy to walk just about anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Had reservations here 11 months in advance. Two weeks before the our reservation I called to confirm. I was told that I had been "bumped" because they had oversold the hotel and platinum members take presedence. Apparently I was not important enough. The customer service was ridiculous!! Tamera, the sales coordinator, was of absolutely no help. I will not be staying at Marriott hotels anymore.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple