“Good place but will never be 5 stars”
Review of Uni Sushi

Uni Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Uni Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: European, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Robbins
Transit: The Woodlands offers a trolley service for people who want to travel from place to place without walking. It runs to every major point in the Woodlands area from Market Street, to The Woodlands Mall, to The Waterway, and more.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I visited Uni last night for the second time with friends. We had reservations so getting in was no problem. The baked avocado appetizer was delicious though it takes between 10-15 minutes, so order some edamame, too, so you can snack while you wait. Our server was prompt, courteous, and helpful with his recommendations. The food was excellent, including the mochi (sp?) ice cream which I had never tried before. The reasons Uni doesn't get 5 stars are: 1) the speed of items leaving the kitchen. Both times I've been to Uni there have been delays in receiving our order because the kitchen has gotten backed up. I understand that things happen, BUT it seems like poor planning on the kitchen staffing side- especially as there were easily 6 empty tables, so it's not like the restaurant was packed. 2) the noise level. I can handle quite a bit of noise and don't require silence to dine, but this was on the loud side for me. So in summary, I would go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great food and service. Chef was nice enough to give us some free sushi perks.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The sushi is amazing, the waiters are very good. The hostesses (i dealt with two different young ladies) were unhelpful to say the least. We almost left because one of them was so unaccomodating. They need to be taught how to deal with customers and large parties.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Our favourite sushi place in The Woodlands. My lady and I are regular diners here. As is our daughter - sometimes with just me, sometimes all three of us. Good service - usually. The long time staff are great, the new ones hit or miss sometimes. Food is always good. Always fresh. Good assortment of rolls. We always get sashimi rather than sushi as why fill up on rice? Octopus always good and the arctic char is outstanding. Make sure and ask what is off menu on any given day.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am not that big into Sushi because our oceans are being depleted but my colleagues wanted to try it so I went along. Sure it was good and fun and I have no complaints.