Tripadvisor
The Colony
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews fire pit long stay living room couple of nights dfw airport eggs hotel feels comfortable room loved this hotel enjoyed our stay nebraska furniture mart free breakfast yogurt plano property highway dog
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2019

The property overall is fine. The people are nice. the breakfast was good. The ONLY issue was the mattresses. The mattress was creaky, noisy and very stiff. I was told they were just upgraded. They need to get their money back! I would stay there again if I knew the mattresses were better.

Date of stay: October 2019
Wander26580847316, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2019

Dear Ralph R,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the Residence Inn by Marriott The Colony. We are so glad that you loved our team of dedicated staff along with our Marriott branded breakfast-it does have lots to offer. The team is correct; we just installed new Sealy mattresses in all of our guest suites. A mattress purchase is a very personal one and while we try to get something to accommodate all our guests sometimes they do not work for everyone. Thank you again and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2019

Never in my life have i experienced something so disgusting and embarrassing. Usually i check beds before my stays as i travel weekly for work but this time i totally forgot and i regret it. I stayed at this hotel for 6 days and on the last night he’ll broke out. I was sitting at the desk working and began it itch, i noticed bites throughout the week but didn’t think much of it as the were one or two. This time i started getting tons more. I quickly remembered i didn’t check my bed so i run to the room and sure enough TONS of bed bugs. It was disgusting. I called the front desk and they moved me to another room. Paranoid i checked that bed and sure enough there were bed bugs there too! To make it even worse it was 11pm and i had to leave the hotel. So now i am making my way back to Florida with my clothes in trash bags as my high dollar luggage had to be thrown out. I have over 15 bites on my legs and arms and my drive is just miserable . This is the worst experience i ever had and pray i ever will. Word of advice for those staying at hotels.... CHECK YOUR BEDS!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Wander26580847316, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Thank you so taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with us! We would like to again apologize for any negative experience that you may have had staying with us. I am pleased by the level of service and professionalism the team provided you-and the rapid response of risk management. We hope that you will visit us again soon and allow us to provide a remarkable stay that we are known for.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Overall the hotel was good. We stayed fir one week and we were comfortable. The staff was phenomenal from the breakfast and reception staff to the front desk. The rooms are a little dated and gave a fair amount of wear and tear. The pool is quite dirty with green algae build up and the water was Nicky, so we didn’t use it. The location is great. Right by shopping, restaurants and close to Frisco and Plano. Most impressive was the lady at the reception, she went out of her way to make everybody happy and comfortable

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Wander26580847316, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Hello Riverwin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience! Providing a very meaningful and thoughtful stay is the goal of our remarkable staff. We love ensuring our guests are well taken care of! We are currently working on a plan to update the property including new mattresses and this fall the pool will be renovated. We look forward to having you visit us again and experience a fantastic hotel-

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

This is a extended stay property. We like having all the amenities of home. We only stayed one night. Check in and check out were extremely easy and fast. All employees were polite and helpful. Free parking, free WiFi, and free breakfast. Breakfast was limited, but more then enough to get full and satisfied. Recent remodel done at this property. Marriott has put 3 properties in a U shape here. On the open end is restaurants and a large court yard where they have live bands on Fri. And Sat. Evenings. This is really cool as you can sit out at the hotel pool or fire pit area and listen to the bands without going into the “crowd “ area around the stage. I have one very major complaint about this property that will prolly make us not stay here again. The air conditioning unit is right next to the bed. Every 10 or 15 minutes, it would kick on. And it is LOUD! Like a airplane taking off. Woke us up every time it kicked on. If it wasn’t for this, for the money, this would be a great place to stay in The Colony.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Fast, friendly check-in. Clean, comfortable room. The front desk even let me pass when I returned at 1:00 a.m. one morning. Wholesome, filling, breakfast every morning. Everything worked as expected. No criticism, complaints or suggestions. Perfect stay as far as I am concerned. I am mobility impaired and encountered no problem at this property.

Date of stay: June 2019