“Great location”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in The Colony
Naples, Florida
“Great location”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here while attending an event in McKinney. The location is great easy access for anything on the north side of Dallas! Hotel was nice and staff attentive. The breakfast on weekends was great, during the week it was marginal. Only had dinner a couple of nights it was good. I will say they had a really nice salad each evening!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
GolfRocks1972,
Thank you for your kind review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found the staff friendly and helpful. It's good to hear you liked the salads too! We hope you will plan to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Everything seems ok, when I visit the hotel...service, dinner is good..., but I don't know what happened to their sheets since the last visit....?
Seems like I can't get a visit without these overly used, sandpaper-like bed sheets with a lot of holes in them.... & they are pretty rough too...
I like the room & everything else seems to be very nice & comfortable, except these highly worn & very wrinkled sheets on the bed...
Well, too bad....

• Stayed September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Wpr812,
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to have had you stay with us at Residence Inn. I’m glad to hear you liked our hotel and staff. It isn’t too pleasing for me, however, to hear of your disappointment with our sheets. I will meet with our housekeeping staff this week to discuss your comments. Our linens must always be presented in a clean, comfortable manner for our guests so I apologize for your displeasure. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to visit us, and we ensure you of a more positive experience.

Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were large and clean - typical residence inn quality; only exception was quality of breakfast food which was subpar over all other marriotts where breakfast is offered. Food/dining around this area that is quality, known brands is tough- you're still in the middle of nowhere but perfectly convenient to the corp HQs in plano!

• Stayed August 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
BotRoad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn. We’re pleased you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. We hope your travels will bring you back to The Colony, Texas and you will stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here from the August 20-24th on a business trip and I had a wonderful experience.

All of the staff I encountered was friendly and helpful. Specifically I'd like to mention Martin at the front desk,.He went out of his way to make myself and my partners welcome and he even printed out some maps for us without even being asked.

There was also a new General Manager, I cannot recall his name however.

Top rate, right down to the "free rubber duckie" I got on my third night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
MolonLabe1776,

It’s great to hear from you on TripAdvisor. Thank you for letting us know of your pleasant stay with us while on business. I’m glad Martin greeted you well and was able to foresee your specific business needs. I will give him a special commendation for his outstanding work. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Clean, new, convenient location to Frisco, Plano, DFW Airport, Dallas Tollway access and also a straight shot to get to McKinney and Allen. It is also convenient to one of my favorite stomping grounds - The Shops of Legacy where you can enjoy upscale entertainment or a night out that is geared toward couples and singles. If you have little ones in tow the Stonebriar Mall area is very close with lots of options surrounding it like The Cheesecake Factory.

It has a modern/art like appeal that hinges on a New York City Chic flat/apt. There are also social activities like a hamburger cookout at the pool - yes, there is a stainless steel gas grill. They have a happy hour and a very inviting lobby and outdoor lounge pit if your group needs a place to come together in the evening.

The staff is friendly and accomodating to your needs.

The only reason I did not give the hotel and excellent rating is that the Hilton Garden Inn beds are better. But if you can sleep on a Hampton Inn bed you will be just fine.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the calendar at posted on the Kitchen Refrigerator for social events. If your ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ms.LoveTravel
Ms.LoveTravel,

Thank you for your delightful review about your stay with us at Residence Inn. We’re very happy to have had you as our guest and pleased to know you had a pleasant stay. I’m glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as well as our cookout at the pool entertaining. Please come and stay with us again the next time you visit Dallas.

Kind regards,
San Francisco
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Due to work, I'm finding my self in the somewhat oddly named Metroplex area North of Dallas and keep coming back here for my extended stays due to the spacious and clean room + the mountain of extras that make it a bit more palatable to be away from home. The acceptable (and complimentary b'fasts and lite dinners during the week are great. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. I have many choices when I travel to this area, but this where I keep coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed here while we were visiting our son for four days. He was doing a internship and we wanted to stay in the general area of his employment. There was easy access to the toll road and feeder roads. There were plently of stores and resturants in the area. We were greatly surprised when we got to our suite. It was beautiful, spacious, well equipped and very clean. I immediately felt comfortble and was able to relax. We enjoyed the breakfast that was available to guests. It offered variety and we were able to take it back to our room. I worked out everyday and found the equipment in good operating condition and clean. We were not able to take advantage of the pool, fire pit or basketball half court but they were all very impressive. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We were traveling with our dog and they were all very responsive to her whenever we came and went. There is a neighborhood close providing a safe walking area. The only complaint we would have is the $100 pet fee. I certainly understand a charge but we would not have stayed here for one night with that fee empossed. We were able to justify it since we were staying four nights. It would have been nice to be able to make a deposit and if there was no damage or odor, receive some of it back. So if you are traveling with a pet and need an exceptional place for several days, this is the place. Traveling without pets, mark the place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a second floor and on the end where there was an exit so we could take the dog out.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TE1185
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thanks so very much TE1185 for writing a review and submitting photos! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of care into our breakfast selection and I am glad you found it enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
Hampton Inn & Suites-Dallas-The Colony, TX
Holiday Inn Plano - The Colony
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Plano/The Colony? Share your experiences!