All reviews stayed here for nights full size refrigerator sports fields burner stove quick trip beer and wine living area king bed excellent hotel front desk judy mon kitchenette loungers sofa brand property
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

This is the second time I've stayed a week or more there. Always SUPERB accommodations! JUDY, at the front desk (during the day), always greets with a smile and is SO kind! She has gladly helped with any questions/issues without skipping a beat! Meals (breakfast and evenings) are always laid out well with plenty of selection and has a person staffing that area in case anything runs low or you need something. An extremely nice outdoor courtyard with grills, fire pit, pool, etc for our group to hang out and enjoy the weather and each other's company. Whenever I travel to that area I'll be staying at this location and not even shopping around.

Date of stay: April 2019
staybridgeplano, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Plano - The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear sianson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Staybridge Suites Plano/The Colony and thank you for all of the kind words about the hotel and especially Judy. We will make sure Judy is recognized at our next meeting.

The staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and were pleased to serve you.

Again, thank you for the 5 star rating and we look forward to serving you again when travel brings you back to this area.

All the best,
Bret

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

We needed to make a quick trip to the area and I was looking for nice hotels in the area that were not overly expensive. Found a great rate here, this hotel is new and still has that odd new hotel smell in the hallways but I never noticed it in the room. The room was so nice, it had a small kitchenette with a couch and lounging area as well as a desk and the bed and bathroom area. They also offer many amenities if you need to stay for a longer period. There are also several dining option, shopping and a water park near by. Our family is planning more get aways in the near future and we will be checking here first for availability. With all that said we did have a couple things that could be improved; #1 the ironing board covers are awful, they don’t stay on and are so thin that your clothing actually had a pattern from the metal underneath. #2– they have a checkout time of 12 (which is so nice), but at around 8-8:30 on the morning we were to checkout my husband heard a light tap on the door, so light that he wasn’t sure that’s actually what it was and then with no announcement a lady started to open the door, luckily we had the block on the door. She apologized and left. We spoke to the front desk and they said there should not have been any housekeeping on our floor at that time. So be forewarned keep your do not disturb sign on the door and keep the extra blocking piece over it.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
staybridgeplano, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Plano - The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear cssct1988,

Thank you for the 5 star rating and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Staybridge Suites Plano/The Colony.

We were pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciate the kind words about the hotel and our location.

We would like to apologize to you for the housekeeper knocking on your door on the morning of your check out date. Your comments have been passed on to the department manager for review and communication to the staff. Also, we want you to know that we are looking into other options for the iron board covers and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Again, thank you for the survey and we look forward to seeing you again when travel brings you back to this area.

Reviewed February 13, 2019

Still has that new smell. I went to get some work done and check out the area. Large rooms, nice shower, nice kitchen. What made the stay extra special was the amazing staff. They seemed genuinely happy to be there. This would be my go to stay in The Colony area of Plano. A shout out to Judy at the front desk. Thanks for the great stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear chiefsue59,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and we are so glad that we are your go to hotel when in the Colony! Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and Judy is a perfect example of what we are all about.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights this past week and were very pleased with all that they had to offer. The room had a full kitchen with dishes and cookware provided. The living area had a sofa lounger which could also be turned into an extra bed if needed (extra bedding also provided). The laundry facility came in very handy as we were getting ready to leave (complimentary to guests). The breakfast offered was delicious every morning. The ONLY thing I can think of this hotel missing would probably be one of those fluffy bathrobes
Oh, and the shower.... amazing!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Angel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable and relaxing time at the Staybridge Suites Plano/The Colony.

The staff is very proud of the hotel and providing excellent service. They will be pleased to read your survey and appreciate your recognizing all of their efforts.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

I posted the bolo review on their website, and they declined it saying elect personal experience. What a joke. This hotel was fine, I was just upset that I did not get points for mice day or have my linens and towels changed over the weekend. And then when they wouldn’t post my review on their website, it just angers me so I will post everywhere else instead of that one star lower than I would have given them for the experience.

My review:
This was a fairly nice hotel, very accommodating rooms. However, I booked on a website other than the website for this brand of hotels and I did not get any rewards credit for my stay. In the future, I will be booking and other hotels in the area where I get my reward stay. Also, there was no room service on the weekend so we never got fresh linens or had the room cleaned.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
DanielG13327, Manager at Staybridge Suites Plano - The Colony, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Good day,

I hope you are well. We did receive your other review and should be posted now. IHG has to verify that it was a valid guest that stayed to prevent fraudulent review postings. We do offer housekeeping on the weekends but is by request only. As an extended stay hotel we try and let our guests relax on the weekends and avoid housekeepers disturbing you. I apologize for not informing you properly.

We unfortunately do not offer points when booked through the 3rd party channels. We try to encourage our guests to book directly through the hotel to get the best rate as well as the points. Please feel free to reach out the next time you are in the area, we can make sure you have the best rate as well as points. Can set it up to get housekeeping as well.

Have a wonderful day.