Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Texas City)
View Hotel
All reviewswould stay here againstayed herefront deskrecommend this hotelsausage gravygalveston islandnice hotelhotel breakfastbiscuitsgreat place to staystaff was friendlyshowercruiseexithighwayelevator
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for a single night recently while on a business in Texas City. The hotel is conveniently located with good access to I-45. Check-in and checkout went very smoothly and the staff person was friendly and efficient. I stayed in a single king room that was very large, nicely decorated, and quiet. The room was equipped with a microwave and small refrigerator which I really like. The hotel and furnishings looked fairly new and the room was clean. A decent continental breakfast was included that included hot and cold items. The hotel is not very close to many restaurants but there are lots of places several miles north. An outlet mall is also a few miles north if you like to shop. The hotel has a decent business center, exercise room, and indoor pool. Overall, a very nice hotel at a decent price. I will definitely consider staying here again while in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
eraschle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Comments like yours make us proud and help us to stay focused and continue to improve what we are doing. We hope to see you in a not too distant future again at the Holiday Inn Express in Texas City - meanwhile, all the best to you!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed her for a couple of nights. The room was very clean, the free breakfast was not bad at all. The staff went above and beyond in my opinion.

They just opened an outlet mall right down the highway that looks real nice.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drakethib
eraschle, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments, which absolutely motivate us all here at the Holiday Inn Express in Texas City to continue serving our guests with a smile, while we enjoy what we are doing and hope to make everybody's stay as pleasant as possible. Thank you again for taking the time to rate us!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I just checked out after spending three night at the Texas City HIE and had a very pleasant stay. I was a little worried given some of the negative reviews, but my stay was quite nice. I had a suite on the second floor and it was comfortable and roomy. It was nice to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room, although I only used the fridge for water. The shower was one of the best hotel showers that I have experienced; as a previous reviewer noted it is the size of a tub, but a shower... I would like to have one of these at home. The hotel was quiet and I slept well in my room. The only issue was I would wake up from the cold during the night... well, actually that is actually a plus given the 100+ temperatures this week... I kept forgetting to turn it up at night, so really my fault. The breakfast was standard HIE fare, but was well presented and fresh. I especially enjoyed the fresh mini lemon poppy seed muffins. I have tried several of the hotels in the area in Galveston, Kemah, and Texas City and this one is the best value. I will be back next week!

Room Tip: Getting out can be tricky if you want to get back to Texas City. Gulf Freeway is one way toward Houston and if you go that way you have to go a couple of miles to U-turn which was not cool. Luckily, I noticed that the hotel parking lot has a rear entrance that allows you to exit to FM 2004 which provides easy access to Emmett Lowry Expressway back to Texas City / Galveston.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bill_bartley
eraschle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. It is a great motivation for all of us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texas City when guests let us know that they were pleased with their stay!We appreciate your visit and hope to see you soon again in Texas City! All the best to you!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The overall experience was great. The check in, room and breakfast were all very good. The room, bedding and large shower were great! This is a 100% smoke free hotel and this was much appreciated!! THE HOTEL STILL LOOKS NEW!! The pool looked nice, even though we didn't use it. The manager was very pleasant and efficient even though she was also filling in for breakfast staff that didn't show and did a great job of keeping up with both duties. We stayed here before a cruise and have already made reservations for next year!
Yes, Galveston area prices are higher than most areas and they take advantage of the heavy tourist traffic. However, at exit 15, this hotel is 35-40% lower than Holiday Inn and other chains located on the boardwalk in Galveston.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
eraschle, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Texas City before going on a cruise from Galveston. Yes, we are conveniently located, since it is almost a straight shot to the terminal from us. All the best to you and hope to see you soon again....cruising is fun, so we are waiting for you!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Only about 15 miles from Galveston. Just off I-10, but exit is kind of confusing. Wasn't much traffic in the hotel area. Hotel was clean and very nice. Check in was easy. The shower was as big as if there was a tub there, but there was no tub, just shower, very nice. Only complaint would be the bed was hard. No pillow top. But it was okay. Easy check out. Breakfast was okay for a hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. Cleanliness and maintenance is one of our top priorities, since we believe that people will always come back to a hotel in good condition when in the area. Nice to hear that you like our showers. Yes, it is very convenient. The water softener which we have installed, makes showering even more pleasant. Hope to see you soon again in Texas City! All the best!