“Never again.”

Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
“Never again.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Room isn't clean, something really gross on the wall. There is a Soap bottle still in the shower, and a bottle by the sink that is half used. Staff is aggravating to deal with. Wouldn't ever choose this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Front desk greeting very nice when we walked in. Our room was ready and waiting good. But it smelled like stale smoke. not good. Breakfast was a little different usually when you have Gravy and Biscuits you also have eggs and sausage not this time! I asked the lady and she gave me a strange look like uhhh? it was ok. The best thing about this place is that it is 2 minutes from the Dog Track and 10 minutes from Tiki Island.very nice clean pool and fenced in area.

Room Tip: there is a Jack in the Box within walking distance. Gringo mexican restuarant near by they close a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sylvykkk
thextravelprincess
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel prior to a cruise as it was 100.00 less than staying directly in Galveston. The hotel rooms are BASIC and ok for a one night stay. Don't expect anything fancy. It was clean and had good A/C. The breakfast was great. Served its purpose.

3 Thank thextravelprincess
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is definitely a great option if you want to visit galveston for half the price. We stayed here for two nights to visit Galveston with my two girls. We got a great rate compared to staying on the island and it only took 15 minutes to get to there. The location is great to visit Galveston or Kemah and it is easy to get to. The front desk was very polite and helpful. The room and the pool were clean.

The only negative, the mosquitos were horrible, but there isn't anything the hotel can do about that.

2 Thank Clint T
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Yes the hotel was clean but management was needed. Put into a handicap room for no reason. Beds were hard. Needed to change another room we held and told it was okay and then back out. Lying is not attractive! No one was courteous. I live in Texas and it was not welcoming like it should. won't stay again and we go to Galveston throughout the year.

2 Thank Glenna58
Kennedale, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So glad I went with my gut feeling and disregarded the negative reviews I read here, the rate was great at $84 a night, took us 15 minutes to get to Galveston. The staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and our non-smoking room did not smell like smoke...The 3rd floor hallway did smell like smoke but not the room, the breakast area is small and hard to get around in but the breakfast was good we have had better breakfast at other Best Westerns but it wasn't bad it got our day started....I am so glad we stayed here instead of on Galveston Island and we will stay here again

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 302, very clean, firm beds and quiet
4 Thank Vickie Massey C
Katy, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I enjoyed staying at many Best Western for many years and never had a bad experience. We reserve our room through Hotel.com and request for a non smoking/ double bed. Today June 9th, we checked in and went to our room only to discover that it was a single / smoking room instead! We went back to the front and ask your employer Devyn there seems to be a mistake. I told your employee Devyn my kids and wife can not stay in the room for they have allergies. Instead of caring for my family health, she said that we already paid for the room and that the she cannot do anything about it. I showed her the reservation from hotel.com for a double non smoking room. She stated that Best Western does not gaurantee our reservation on non smoking or even single or double rooms, and that Hotel.com was at fault. She also said that there are no nonsmoking rooms available, and the best she could do is spray the room. This just made me upset and I reminded her my kids and wife have allergies! Rather than being polite she said there is no refund and to take it up with Hotel.com. She proceeded to ignore us and helped another customer!

We left and contacted Hotel.com. They appologized for our inconvenience and offered us a refund, and placed us at another hotel down the road. I am disappointed that my family was treated poorly and I hope you can speak to your employee about customer service. We was treated with no compassion for my family well being. I understand you may have been over booked, but she could have easily stated this during check-in. She never appologize for our inconvenience. I will be sending this to BWfeedback.com and also BestWestern corporate office. I am not the type to complain but this was no way to treat a guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family