“I saw a sign that said no smoking as of Feb 1 2013” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gringo's Mexican Kitchen

Gringo's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Texas City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gulf Coast
“I saw a sign that said no smoking as of Feb 1 2013”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The best thing I have seen lately is this place will no longer allow smoking which is great! This is a local favorite always packed it just isn't a favorite of mine. The chips and salsa are always on target very good and plentiful. The cocktails are good a little high priced. The wine prices don't bother the wine is not worth drinking and the price way to high for that tiny glass.
The entree's are overpriced in my opinion, you can get much better tasting food at a higher end place right down the road for the same price. I came this time because my niece worked there and wanted to show support. I must say the service is good here always. The young man we had waiting on our table was prompt, polite, engaging. .

This is a favorite of some of my family members it has great service and is a family place, but also good for meeting some friends for a cocktail and appetizer now and again.

The bathroom floor seems to always be wet??? I have been in here probably 5 times in 3 years and not sure why the bathroom floor is always wet.

• Visited January 2013

San Antonio
“Will go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Service was good as was the food. Rice and beans were tasty. Served a generous amount of chips with a creamy dip which was quite tasty. Everything was fresh and enjoyed by my three guests and myself.

Visited October 2012
Beaumont, Texas
“Good Food, Smoking is still allowed here. Ugh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food and drinks were great, the restaurant allows smoking and that really took away from the meal ( for me anyway), YMMV

Friendly staff, great atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank drakethib
Texas City, Texas
“Great Tex Mex food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

very good food, ..especially the specials...but they really need to upgrade their gluten free menu to make a better selection for those who have gluten issues... also need to upgrade the chips they serve for those with gluten issues..otherwise a great restaurant!

Visited March 2012
Lake Worth, Florida
“So good I ate there 8 times in one month.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was in town for work staying at the nearby Fairfield Inn. I tried this place the second night I was in town and it quickly became my default dinner choice. I did all seating options. I ate at the bar a few time, did take-out a few times and got a table with colleagues a few times. Service was great at all places. The margaritas were excellent. I usually judge TexMex places by two things, the chips and salsa and fajitas. Gringos excelled at both. The chips were fresh and light. The two salsas were tasty. Fajitas were sizzling and all ingredients fresh and seasoned well. Can't wait to back on my next trip!

• Visited July 2012