“Good Food, Smoking is still allowed here. Ugh”

Gringo's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Texas City
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Beaumont, Texas
“Good Food, Smoking is still allowed here. Ugh”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food and drinks were great, the restaurant allows smoking and that really took away from the meal ( for me anyway), YMMV

Friendly staff, great atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank drakethib

Texas City, Texas
“Great Tex Mex food!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

very good food, ..especially the specials...but they really need to upgrade their gluten free menu to make a better selection for those who have gluten issues... also need to upgrade the chips they serve for those with gluten issues..otherwise a great restaurant!

Visited March 2012
Lake Worth, Florida
“So good I ate there 8 times in one month.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was in town for work staying at the nearby Fairfield Inn. I tried this place the second night I was in town and it quickly became my default dinner choice. I did all seating options. I ate at the bar a few time, did take-out a few times and got a table with colleagues a few times. Service was great at all places. The margaritas were excellent. I usually judge TexMex places by two things, the chips and salsa and fajitas. Gringos excelled at both. The chips were fresh and light. The two salsas were tasty. Fajitas were sizzling and all ingredients fresh and seasoned well. Can't wait to back on my next trip!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank RagsKP94
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Pollo Marisco was delicious but...”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

The pollo Marisco was two grilled chicken breasts, perfectly grilled and still moist, covered with a sauce that included shrimp and crawfish tails. It was delicious! Served with very nice rice, black beans that I bet we're not out of a can but cooked fresh, a small onion and cucumber salad and fresh tortillas. All together way more than I could finish and about $12.

Great service and a nice margarita too.

Why not five stars? The restaurants in Texas have the option of allowing smoking in them and whenever I am greeted with "smoking or non-smoking" my review will never be five stars. Sometimes you have to take a stand and I was seated just outside the bar area, still in the stale smoke zone. I will not return to this store just because of this reason but if smoking does not bother you, the food is superb!

3 Thank Ron L
Houston, Texas
“Love this place”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Always love going here. Have to visit it at least once a month. The food is always hot & fresh. Staff is very friendly & the price is not too overly priced.

Visited August 2012