“Run down” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Shiner, Texas
“Run down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Beds were hard and sheets and blankets had stains on them. A/C did not work that well, made the room just bearable to sleep. Over all appearance of hotel was run down. Stained and broken surfacing in pool, carpet is torn and held together by staples in hallways. Location was good as all you had to do was get on the highway and drive and you were within 20 minutes to Galveston and 10 minutes to kema. For the price I expected more out of this hotel. We choose this one cause if the indoor pool (wife has lupus and can't be in the sun too long) and it was so cold that we never even used it. Very disappointed and would not recommend

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Spd303

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I called to make a reservation for the fourth of July weekend. Initial dealing was great. After agreeing to the rate of 79.99 for Tuesday through Thursday then 99.99 for Friday and Saturday for a double queen room, I asked for an email confirmation and was sent a PDF with the rates agreed upon. Was called thirty minutes later and advised there was a mistake and the Friday and Saturday rate was $129.99 burr they would reduce it to $110 for the mistake. I said no, we agreed on 99 and he said they would not go that low.when advised he already sent confirmation with that rate, he said they would cancel it and send a new one but they would not honor the agreed upon rate. I wound up cancelling the reservation and booking somewhere else. When I asked for an emailed cancellation notice, was told ok. No cancellation by next day so I called and asked about it and was told they would not send one. When I advised the night guy said OK, he stated "we don't do that,once you cancel we can't send anything. While trying to explain that was twice I was lied to by their hotel,he kept interrupting me. I finally hung up and have decided to cancel my credit card and get a new one since I have been lied to and don't trust them to not try to charge my card anyway. Avoid these people at all cost.

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank ErikBrake

Travelers are raving about these Texas City hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night and the women up front is a butt and dont need to be running the hotel. We asked to us the sauna and i had to go turn it on and it aint worth the crap. The gym you have to be 18 to us but the bike had spiders climing out and everything else was broken. Breakfest you have to get up and go cook your own breakfest.... i would not tell no one about this hotel

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank britgib96
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was planning a trip to Galveston. I should have known when I had to call several times just to get a quote that my time with this hotel was going to go down hill. I called several times with no answer finally got to speak to a lady who was rude. My room was even worse. The sheets smelled of smoke, hair was on the sheets and the restroom was dirty. I rather have paid a little more money for a nice and up kept room. I will never use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank LonelyLove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The place is very unprofessional. Staff is rude. You are not allowed any guest in your room at anytime. Would NOT recommend anyone to stay here. Had 2 friends come visit and they told me they had to leave only registered quest allowed. Or I would have to check out. If I could I would rate service a 0 but the lowest I could rate is 1.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank gogirl124
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all of the mixed reviews, we decided to choose Crystal Suites over a room on Galveston based solely on price and location. The room was half to a third of what was being charged for a normally low end hotel on an over-priced weekend. The check-in went without any issue and took about 2 minutes. When we walked into the room, we were pleasently surprised in that it was large, clean, smelled fresh, and with the exception of the old styleTV, relatively up to date. The bedding was white and clean. The carpet was vacuumed and had no stains and the bathroom was clean and large with granite style counter-tops.The bed was comfortable and the room quiet which provided us with a good night's rest.The continental breakfast was adequate but if you want eggs and sausage, there is a Denny's right down the street.I would definitely stay there again and based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We had an end room on the first floor which was near the rear door. It made it exceptionally easy to...