“Didn't even make it to the hotel and it sucked!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Suites Texas City

Crystal Suites Texas City
Crystal Suites Texas City
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
“Didn't even make it to the hotel and it sucked!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I called to make a reservation for the fourth of July weekend. Initial dealing was great. After agreeing to the rate of 79.99 for Tuesday through Thursday then 99.99 for Friday and Saturday for a double queen room, I asked for an email confirmation and was sent a PDF with the rates agreed upon. Was called thirty minutes later and advised there was a mistake and the Friday and Saturday rate was $129.99 burr they would reduce it to $110 for the mistake. I said no, we agreed on 99 and he said they would not go that low.when advised he already sent confirmation with that rate, he said they would cancel it and send a new one but they would not honor the agreed upon rate. I wound up cancelling the reservation and booking somewhere else. When I asked for an emailed cancellation notice, was told ok. No cancellation by next day so I called and asked about it and was told they would not send one. When I advised the night guy said OK, he stated "we don't do that,once you cancel we can't send anything. While trying to explain that was twice I was lied to by their hotel,he kept interrupting me. I finally hung up and have decided to cancel my credit card and get a new one since I have been lied to and don't trust them to not try to charge my card anyway. Avoid these people at all cost.

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank ErikBrake

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night and the women up front is a butt and dont need to be running the hotel. We asked to us the sauna and i had to go turn it on and it aint worth the crap. The gym you have to be 18 to us but the bike had spiders climing out and everything else was broken. Breakfest you have to get up and go cook your own breakfest.... i would not tell no one about this hotel

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank britgib96
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was planning a trip to Galveston. I should have known when I had to call several times just to get a quote that my time with this hotel was going to go down hill. I called several times with no answer finally got to speak to a lady who was rude. My room was even worse. The sheets smelled of smoke, hair was on the sheets and the restroom was dirty. I rather have paid a little more money for a nice and up kept room. I will never use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank LonelyLove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The place is very unprofessional. Staff is rude. You are not allowed any guest in your room at anytime. Would NOT recommend anyone to stay here. Had 2 friends come visit and they told me they had to leave only registered quest allowed. Or I would have to check out. If I could I would rate service a 0 but the lowest I could rate is 1.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank gogirl124
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all of the mixed reviews, we decided to choose Crystal Suites over a room on Galveston based solely on price and location. The room was half to a third of what was being charged for a normally low end hotel on an over-priced weekend. The check-in went without any issue and took about 2 minutes. When we walked into the room, we were pleasently surprised in that it was large, clean, smelled fresh, and with the exception of the old styleTV, relatively up to date. The bedding was white and clean. The carpet was vacuumed and had no stains and the bathroom was clean and large with granite style counter-tops.The bed was comfortable and the room quiet which provided us with a good night's rest.The continental breakfast was adequate but if you want eggs and sausage, there is a Denny's right down the street.I would definitely stay there again and based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We had an end room on the first floor which was near the rear door. It made it exceptionally easy to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Rich B
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at, the mattress and sheets had stains everywhere and when I went to complain all they did was give me more sheets and I had to change them myself not to mention the black hair in the towels and all over the room I will never stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Firefighter865
douglass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

me and my family stayed in this hotel it was terrible i will never stay again! to start off the staff was very rude to me and my family at check in and checkout. when we entered our room there was a foul smell of moldyness, sheets where dirty with blood stains and hair like they never been cleaned just reused,and also cigerette burns on the comforter.when i asked for clean sheets i was told know i couldnt have any they where fine to go back to my room.also the hotel has bugs my children slept on a small couch in my suite and when they woke up they where covered in bug bites. we decided this hotel was unsafe for us so we wanted to leave and get our money back and where told we couldnt have it back.after we left both me and my husband and children where all sick with bad sinus issues probley because of the moldy room! BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! ITS BAD NEWS!! CROOKS!!!!

Room Tip: Beware of this hotel do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood Suites Texas City
#6 of 12 in Texas City
3.5 of 5 stars 57 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Galveston Bay Refineries
Value Place Houston (Texas City)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City
BEST WESTERN Mainland Inn & Suites

Been to Crystal Suites Texas City? Share your experiences!