New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Crystal Suites Texas City
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
“Nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at, the mattress and sheets had stains everywhere and when I went to complain all they did was give me more sheets and I had to change them myself not to mention the black hair in the towels and all over the room I will never stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Firefighter865

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
douglass
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

me and my family stayed in this hotel it was terrible i will never stay again! to start off the staff was very rude to me and my family at check in and checkout. when we entered our room there was a foul smell of moldyness, sheets where dirty with blood stains and hair like they never been cleaned just reused,and also cigerette burns on the comforter.when i asked for clean sheets i was told know i couldnt have any they where fine to go back to my room.also the hotel has bugs my children slept on a small couch in my suite and when they woke up they where covered in bug bites. we decided this hotel was unsafe for us so we wanted to leave and get our money back and where told we couldnt have it back.after we left both me and my husband and children where all sick with bad sinus issues probley because of the moldy room! BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! ITS BAD NEWS!! CROOKS!!!!

Room Tip: Beware of this hotel do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank southern b
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure how this place has gotten bad reviews before because we had nothing less than a wonderful experience here.

We stayed here originally because Galveston hotels were pretty booked up or very expensive and this was the best value at the closest to our location.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, the pool and hottub were relaxing, breakfast was delicious! And we were just down the street from several restaurants to keep us full.

We were just a few minutes away from Galveston and the route was very scenic so no complaints there!

If we stay in Galveston area again, I have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank bjoine
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The location is not bad, only about a 20 min drive to the cruise port; and the rooms are spacious. Now for the bad, the hotel spells terrible and the staff is very unfriendly, the breakfast is a total loss. The room smelled horrible and the air was turned off so it was not only a bad odor but a bad stale odor. The indoor pool was closed which was a major disappointing for our kids , but no matter we talked with other guest who said it wasn't heated anyway and the chlorine smells was coming thru the door so no doubt that would have been horrible. Overall this is a major jip for the price, its worth it to drive further in to Galveston and stay somewhere that's at least decent. The staff could apparently care less anyway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Steph7919
Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was OK for just a place to shower and sleep. Horrible Customer Service, poor breakfast, very hard mattresses and the room kind of smelled funny. We just wanted a place to stay and enjoy Galveston without paying 200 plus for a La Quinta Hotel in Galveston Island, so it worked for us. But for 89 dollars a night I would like to be better treated by the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LeahMP
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I would like to first say that on the outside the hotel looks like it would be a great hotel to stay in, but my mind was changed when we walked into our room. We found strands of hair in the beds. The sheets looks sort of dirty and Wrinkled like they where reused and never washed. But the worst part was when we where going to leave we found our car had been hit and the tail light busted. The staff did not cooperate with us or help us get the problem solved. When we talked to the cop he said that there has been multiple car burglaries and hit and runs in the parking lots of Crystal Suites. Even the manager of the hotel did not help us. PLUS just so you know, their security cameras in the parking lots do not work!!!!! I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN OR SUGGEST THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank toddlooney10101
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

The service was excellent at this hotel. The room was large and decent; it included a fridge, stove, and microwave. I slept fine on the bed and the rooms weren't noisy.

The only problems I had were the smoking smells in the hallways and on the bedsheets. The maids need to remember to keep the non-smoking sheets seperate from the smoking sheets to avoid the smells for the guests that don't smoke.

I wouldn't go back unless they improved on the smoking smells on the sheets and in the hallways. Otherwise this could potentially be a very good hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple