“Great home cooked meals!”
Review of City Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City Cafe
Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Great home cooked meals!”
Reviewed October 27, 2008

The City Cafe is an excellent spot in Texas City for some good home cooked food. The service is friendly and the food tastes like it came right out of Mom's kitchen. So good!
The Chicken Fried Steak is by far the best as well as the Pot Roast.
After a hearty meal you can enjoy some tasty Blue Bell ice cream from the ice cream bar. If you're in Texas City you have to stop at the City Cafe, it will take care of that craving you've been having for a hot home cooked meal.

3 Thank lo77

Houston, TX
“The BEST PLACE in Texas City Area, IMHO”
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I Love this restaurant. Talk about some good ol' Down Home country cookin' comfort food done right. I've eaten there many times, but have just now thought about putting a review up. Figured it's about time, since it's so much bigger and nicer inside than the Bee ever was.
Some of the things I've had recently:
Chicken Fried Steak... best in town, just right,
Corn Casserole is AWEsome,
Patty Melts can't be beat... been getting them for years,
and I've got to say, this place has the BEST FRIED CHEESE sticks I've Ever had. I make it a point to order them at other restaurants for comparison, and never had one beat it. They're different, and so so good. I've detoured to go pick some up and take them home... swear.
Last time my wife and I went in, they even had a Blue Bell Ice Cream bar... got a couple of scoops after dinner. Great idea for this place!

3 Thank willyshoo