“Great Barbecue”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Great Barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

They know how to do it right here in Texas. Great food. Come right in and place order and they prepare it in front of you. You can eat it there or take it home with you. They cater special events. Great place to eat.

• Visited March 2014

Texas City, Texas
“Great texas bbq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Hello, My family and i stopped in to Grand Prize BBQ to try some bbq and let me tell you about our visit!!!! We were not disappointed,food was excellent my husband and i split the Texas City Plate it was so much food we still had leftovers,kids had bbq potatoes they said " mom what is this its hugh" they loved it!! And you now we are from Galveston but we came down here to try this bbq, I read some of this reviews before we came and i'm not sure how anyone could talk bad about this place , food was excellent , service was excellent the employee's were the one's who recommended the Texas City Plate, the place was clean and they were busy!! So not sure why some wrote a bad review on this place, they must of had a bad day!!! We will diffently come back, and also the employee's recommended us to get a Good Thanksgiving Dinner from there!! So we might be trying that this year!!

• Visited November 2013
Texas City, Texas
“Always a satisfied patron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been eating at GPBBQ since my husband and I moved to Texas City(10 Years ago).
We have always had great food and service..The food is wonderful, we have never eaten anything that we did not like there. We just had their chicken fried steak and now it is one of our favorites too. We have recommend Grand Prize BBQ to all our friends and relatives.Once a week we always eat BBQ and always from Grand Prize. The brisket, ribs, chopped beef baked spuds and chicken fried steaks are delicious. I personally love their appetizer with a little bit of everything so you get a variety to choose from. We are and always will be customers. Come in and give them a try, you will be very satisfied...By the way I am not a worker or a relative, just a customers who has eaten there and will continue to do so every week.

• Visited November 2013
Batavia, Illinois
“Best BBQ around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I started going to Grand Prize Barbeque in 1993, and there is a reason they have been around for so long-- It is incredible BBQ. The Super Chop is my personal favorite and is the best bbq sandwich I have ever had. The jalapeno cheese bread and the sauce just top off the excellent brisket and sausage. As my second choice the BBQ baked potato is always outstanding, and you would also do well with the ribs and turkey. Well worth the trip to get the best BBQ.

• Visited October 2013
Orange, Texas
“Dirty, Rude, Bad Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We travel to Texas City about 10 days out of the year. My son and I had thought about eating there the last time but did not get to. Oh my, we ate there with a family member yesterday (Sunday), this was pretty bad in every way. I suspect that the other reviews that I see here that are good and on other sites are workers or relatives of the establishment. I'm just guessing for various reasons and wording in them. Here's how it went...You know how when you haven't been somewhere before you really have to look at a menu to decide what you want, well, there are signs everywhere. I noticed while I was eating that the very thing that we had ordered was on the sign outside at one price, and we were charged another price (regular price). Let's do it this way, let's start with service. One lady was rude behind the counter that doled out the food. I actually don't think she meant to be, but she was. I came up to the counter for a dessert of some sort (no one ever came around to ask or even walked in the area we were in dining), the 3 ladies were huddled up together gossiping and seemed annoyed that I was standing there. Now, on to food, it was bad. BBQ likely was cooked yesterday, that doesn't work very well with chicken. One good thing, onion rings, that is it. Cleanliness, disgusting. The dining area we were in, there were tables that had food and dishes on them that were actually stinking. Likely from lunch crowd, as this was around 4:30. Bathrooms, bad. Those three huddled up ladies, they needed to go in there and clean it.
In summary, we were overcharged, food was bad, place was dirty, service was awful.
We've scratched this off our eating list in Texas City...

• Visited October 2013