“AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!1”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Dallas, Texas
“AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!1”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Do not stay here. You will not feel welcomed and you will feel like an outsider if you have kids. The manager is not helpful or friendly. Why would you build a hotel and not put a pool in?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cuddlebugs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Canton, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I booked 2 rooms for my family. When we arrived at the hotel we were refused a room b/c of how many people per room. They would only let two stay in a room with a queen bed. I booked this through Priceline and put how many people would be staying. They offered to let us stay in a suite but we would have to pay the price difference. This hotel does not need to be on Priceline. The girl at the service desk was very nice and tried to get us our money back but it didn't work. We were out the hotel money on Priceline including travel insurance and the hotel money for where we ended up staying. Watch out for the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank firemansgurl

Travelers are raving about these Texas City hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I stayed in a studio room with a queen bed. I was impressed by all the appointments in the room. They truly do set you up for an extended stay with dishes, silverware and the like. The location is good and bad. It is close to most of Texas City so restaurants and shopping aren't far away. That said, there's not too much to talk about in Texas City. It's about a 20 minute drive from Galveston, and I know because I did it several times. They charge $75 for a non-refundable pet fee. I got lucky and they didn't find mine, but from what I heard, the owners (who are Indian) would have definitely stuck me with it if they found out. They have a food/supply pantry of sorts that I wasn't impressed with. Food options were very limited and VERY overpriced. I checked out their DVD library which was also quite limited. Not too many good titles either. I paid $80/night. All in all it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I recommend this hotel to anyone that's looking for peace and quiet from the Galveston traffic. Staff was very friendly, room was very nice and comfortable. Location is just right for visitors. Kemah Boardwalk is 11 mins away N and Galveston Island is about 15 mins away S.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo