“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Sawyer, OK
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and rooms are gorgeous and spacious; however, there is not a lot around by way of restaurants. Just stayed in the one in League City last month and liked it better due to the location! But for one night with two children it was great!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Burleson, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My cousins & I stayed here for a mini family reunion. The front desk was very friendly & helpful with directions & restaurants. The rooms were clean, spacious & kitchen was set up for use. The rooms even included a small dining table & a recliner. Wifi was good. For the price, we felt we received more than what we paid for. For smokers, they still offer smoking rooms. Would def stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kftw
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear kftw,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on our room accommodations and hotel service. I have taken note of your comments and we appreciate them as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We're staying here for a few weeks but I wanted to go ahead and write a review. I may do another one at the end of our stay.
First. The workers at the front desk are EXTREMELY nice and helpful. They seem genuinely concerned with making our stay as comfortable as possible. The first man was sure to inform us about what the hotel offers (more on this).
Second. The room was spectacular! Spotless, seemingly new furnishings. Our room has a kitchen comparable with a small apartment. Granite counters, full-sized fridge, microwave, two-burner ceramic range, dishwasher (what?), DISHES (no-way!) you won't find those little plastic cups wrapped in plastic like most hotels. We also had pots and pans, silverware, everything but food. Clean cabinets, large table/bar, comfy chairs. Two flat-screen tvs (one in the bedroom, one in the living room). DVD player, they'll let you borrow dvds and cds for free as well. (I haven't checked the selection)
Free WI FI. Seems relatively fast and reliable. I hooked up my ethernet cable and GEEZ! fast.
Haven't used the fitness area but it looked like they have a lot of machines. Don't expect vending machines, rather a small convenient store off the lobby. hot pockets, ice cream etc, plus the normal snack items for decent prices.
There's a gas grill outside free for guest use, they'll even give you utensils to use.
Nice towels and linens, whoever chooses these obviously has an eye for quality. Not the scratchy, over-bleached stuff you find at other places.

-The only thing I don't like so far is a non-refundable and pricey pet fee. I think it should be more of a deposit. If your dog doesn't mess anything up, it was like they were never there. Why charge such an outrageous fee?
I'll try to do another review at the end of our stay. I just wanted to go ahead and give Candlewood credit. The pet fee is the only reason I couldn't give an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Very satisfied with our 3rd floor suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is in a nice spot. Far from the city, but close enough to Kemah and Galveston. It is about 8-12 miles from both. Remember this hotel does NOT serve breakfast, but has a nice stove top and microwave in the room you can use to cook your own food. There is a Kroger right up the road if needed. I did not like the fact that when I checked in, they needed a $50 dollar "incidental" charge. But, they gave it right back at the end of the stay. Overall, good for the price and two nights. The people at the desk were REALLY nice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheYuckster
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great value compared to nearby properties. The property is somewhat hard to find if you are not familiar with the area. We called the front desk from nearby, and Carolyn directed us straight to the hotel! Thanks! Do not rely on GPS (we had GPS and two IPhones with maps and google maps). The hotel is located on the north-bound feeder street (Hwy 146), just north of 1764(Palmer Rd.). We had a really nice, 2 nite stay with our mini Schnauzer. Very nice Queen studio suite on the 3d floor with very comfortable bed. We didn't use the cupboard much but we were very thankful for the fresh, complimentary coffee that they kept brewed in the cupboard all day long (even very early in the morning)! We were thankful for the kitchen with all the utensils for cooking, the fridge, microwave, stovetop and everything we needed. The staff and management were very friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Lots of great eating places and shoppping nearby
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 650savag
MORENO VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Maybe the perfect room? Everything looks new, kitchenette w/granite, full-size refrigerator, big microwave. Nice recliner, big flat screen TV with lots of TV stations. Bath is granite with nice shower head, curved shower rod, plush towels. Had a helpful conversation with Manager when making reservations, he called me back to say one night I wanted was now available. Easy check in, got the room I wanted. Everything very nicely kept up. Well lighted parking lot.

Texas City is less than 15 miles from Galveston. Texas City has a nice series of parks on the Gulf at the Dike. I biked there most days, good place to watch the ships coming into and out of the port.

The only problem, WIFI is bad, one of those types that gets slow when there is lots of usage. Does it make sense for a hotel to have this type of service in a hotel, to now provide enough band width for having full occupancy with most people online? In an extended-stay type of hotel that wants to get businesspeople? I was advised to connect to wired, which I did. I have my own router so I set up my own network. Even that one has issues, including it just going down at times. Owner seems to think he has fixed the problem, but he needs a better Wi-Fi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

First night stay was the most uncomfortable I've experienced in a hotel stay. Although our room was supposed to be non-smoking, the smell proved otherwise. Blame this to the room being on the 1st floor next next to the outside smoking area. Unfortunately, the hotel was booked solid and no other rooms were available. Fortunately, Ik was very accommodating and relocated us the next day to a 3rd floor room.

Overall, the rest of the staff was not the most organized or accommodating. They lacked an adequate supply of linens and the night shift had to wait on the morning shift to accomplish simple requests. Apart from this, the hotel was reasonably priced, had clean rooms, and was conveniently located minutes away from the city center.

Room Tip: Request a room in the upper levels
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear tuffnail,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Fairfield Inn Texas City
Fairfield Inn Texas City
#3 of 12 in Texas City
4.0 of 5 stars 90 reviews
Value Place Houston (Texas City)

Been to Candlewood Suites Texas City? Share your experiences!