“clean, comfortable, wish we could have stayed longer...”

Candlewood Suites Texas City
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Rockford, Illinois
“clean, comfortable, wish we could have stayed longer...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This Candlewood Suites is clean and comfortable --it was exactly what I expected. It closely mirrored a 2010 stay in a different Candlewood. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, guest laundry was free -great bonus. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh, they provide nice cookware and utensils for use on the cooktop or in the microwave. They even provided 2 soap packets for the dishwasher. It is a short distance to restaurants and grocery store, located on a highway, but very quiet. It was very comfortable and felt almost like home. If we are ever in Texas City, Texas again this is where we will stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I booked this hotel through my priority rewards, I saw that there were mixed reviews. But this hotel was a very good and pleasant surprise!!!!!!!!! The rooms were very spacious and clean. There were great and comfy beds, the lobby area was very presentable, and the front desk staff was very friendly. We stayed here for a trip to Galveston, TX, and it was only like a 10 min drive away. The rooms were a great deal and very much worth the money you have paid for them! I will definitely be choosing this hotel again for all of my trips to Galveston! The only downfalls were the view and no pool! However, this would not deter me from staying at this property again! I loved it!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Hwy! Otherwise, you'll just be staring at a ditch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here one night during mid-week to get some much needed rest. If you are not familiar with this area, this hotel is a little bit off the beaten path as it is acually located on the feeder road of TX-146. That being said, it is in a very quiet location while still being close to major shopping and restaurants in the area. The cleaning crew were still putting the "finishing touches" on my room after I checked in, so I slipped away for about 20 minutes and came back to find everything in perfect order. My third floor room was clean, spacious, and quiet. I never heard any outside noises, and I got some excellent rest in the very comfortable bed. This is a "low amenity" hotel with no swimming pool or free breakfast, but it has a later check out time (12PM) than most hotels and a very reasonable price compared with other hotels in this area. I will stay here again, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Longview
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed a week at this hotel and were so pleased not only with our room, but with the great customer service. When we checked in and got to our room we noticed there was a leak in the ceiling that was dripping onto the floor. The front desk staff immediately changed our room and apologized over and over for the trouble. They then thanked us for letting them know there was a leak and explained that it had rained there every day for many days in a row. Due to the excessive rain they also had an outside ant problem, no ants inside the hotel, only the outside, that got into our car. When we told them they offered to have our car cleaned and do anything to rectify the situation. They did not try to make excuses, they admitted the problems and fixed them asap. We were very impressed with the staff and the management, will for sure stay here again when visiting.

Room Tip: no pool or restaurant, but very close to both Galveston and Kemah
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We decided on a Friday to drive down to Galveston, Texas and needed a room. It was hard to find an affordable and smoke-free room there, so we decided to look in Texas City. My first phone call was to Candlewood Suites and the clerk was so helpful I booked immediately. At check-in I was greeted with a smile and quickly checked-in. We went to the room and I was really not expecting a double bed room to be so spacious. I've stayed other places and the rooms always feel cramp.The front desk clerk even called a cab for us, when we were ready to head out for the night! The beds were comfortable and the service was excellent, so I'll be booking here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Louisiana
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I loved this hotel!! It was new, clean, roomy, comfortable, had dvd players in every room, free dvd's to rent, and it was in a safe area. The desk person was real nice and friendly and let us know about everything that comes with the room for free like the wifi and use of the gym equipment. The only down side was no pool but other then that is was great. I felt comfortable going outside at night and not haveing the fear of someone running up on me. I will stay here again and you cant beat the price expecially if your staying more then one night. Buy your food and cook it in the kitchenette, that has all you need to cook and save even more money, it even comes with a dishwasher and a refridgerator that makes ice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beccahelen
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We reserved a non smoking 2bed extra night cause we arrived a day early. They charged us $50 three different times for a deposit. I complained, they fixed it. We we're gonna stay till Sunday but left Saturday at 5:30am we were ready to go home. 6 hours later we get a call that they are charging me for smoking in there plus burning a comforter and ashes everywhere ...We don't smoke! They charged us before calling us. We had candy gum cigarettes plus scratch off tickets, Who can't read candy boxes. Supposedly it smelled like cigarettes. We don't smoke.!! Im angry plus they took over $200 from our account!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank marisolrincon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
marisolrincon,