“Comfortable, Spacious Rooms and Great Service”

Candlewood Suites Texas City
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
“Comfortable, Spacious Rooms and Great Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We decided on a Friday to drive down to Galveston, Texas and needed a room. It was hard to find an affordable and smoke-free room there, so we decided to look in Texas City. My first phone call was to Candlewood Suites and the clerk was so helpful I booked immediately. At check-in I was greeted with a smile and quickly checked-in. We went to the room and I was really not expecting a double bed room to be so spacious. I've stayed other places and the rooms always feel cramp.The front desk clerk even called a cab for us, when we were ready to head out for the night! The beds were comfortable and the service was excellent, so I'll be booking here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Louisiana
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I loved this hotel!! It was new, clean, roomy, comfortable, had dvd players in every room, free dvd's to rent, and it was in a safe area. The desk person was real nice and friendly and let us know about everything that comes with the room for free like the wifi and use of the gym equipment. The only down side was no pool but other then that is was great. I felt comfortable going outside at night and not haveing the fear of someone running up on me. I will stay here again and you cant beat the price expecially if your staying more then one night. Buy your food and cook it in the kitchenette, that has all you need to cook and save even more money, it even comes with a dishwasher and a refridgerator that makes ice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beccahelen
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We reserved a non smoking 2bed extra night cause we arrived a day early. They charged us $50 three different times for a deposit. I complained, they fixed it. We we're gonna stay till Sunday but left Saturday at 5:30am we were ready to go home. 6 hours later we get a call that they are charging me for smoking in there plus burning a comforter and ashes everywhere ...We don't smoke! They charged us before calling us. We had candy gum cigarettes plus scratch off tickets, Who can't read candy boxes. Supposedly it smelled like cigarettes. We don't smoke.!! Im angry plus they took over $200 from our account!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank marisolrincon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
marisolrincon,

Ben J
IHG Care

Travelers are raving about these Texas City hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Candlewood in Texas City was very reasonable for long-term stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were really nice, with granite counters in the FULL kitchen, minus an oven. It had everything else: garbage disposal, full-size refrigerator, microwave, small selection of dishes, pots and pans, etc. Of course they provide you with t.p., kleenex, shampoo, and dish soap. They even have FREE laundry. They have a bbq outside, gym, dvd player and a few movies to check out. I'm going to stay there whenever traveling. It's the best!

Room Tip: We just stayed in the studio. It was big enough because my main focus was on a kitchen. The bigger...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Weslaco, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed there so we could be close to Galveston to embark on the cruise. We were greatly impressed . the young lady on the desk when we arrived was very helpful and extremely friendly. The accommodation was great. Would have been very comfortable for a long period of time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 20, 2011

i was booked here for a month. while the room it self was ok i had several issues. my first few days hot water was luke warm at best until i reported it to front desk. my door to my room did not close properly and had to have that looked at. dude at check in barely spoke english so there was a huge communication gap. after a few days i found roaches in my room. front desk said it was because they just had exterminator out. most of the staff was ok but the one dude at front desk made me feel uncomfortable and language breakdown was a big problem. i travel a lot and of all the candlewood suites i have stayed at this one is the worst. no pool, no hot tub, no real ammenities i have become accustom to staying at candlewood. no breakfeast or happy hour. i would just rather stay at a holiday in express and get better service. the only reason i choose places like this are for the kitchen/ apartment type enviroment but also for the public relations i have experienced from other candlewood places . if you just need a place to sleep, no sweat but if you travel a lot and expect that hospitality that you normally get this is not the place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

PROS:
Less than 15 mins away from Galveston
"Very Clean" and Spacious Suites
Close to many eateries and local shopping malls
Quick Check In
Very Comfortable Bed
Large Bathroom
Large Refrig, Stove Top, Dishwasher, Utencils, and cooking pots
Pet Friendly
No fee for parking
The King suite rate was less than $99.00 a night

CONS:
The pet deposit is $75.00 and it is non-refundable
No pool at this location
No breakfast offered
Only three pillows on the King Bed
The TV was flat screen, but rather small
The curtains in the suite does not close completely, the unwanted sun wake you

I would recommended this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing the sunset.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple