“Great for Business Traveler and Family Vacations in Galveston”

WoodSpring Suites Texas City
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you are a business traveler it fits in perfectly with the " suits" budget. Clean, Quiet, and the Locale is just what a person who is working in the area. I was very impressed with the quality of furnishings and over all space when I checked into "Value Place". It truly proves inexpensive does not mean quality.
As for a Family on vacation, the low weekly rate would allow myself as a parent to stay in a budget to allow the ability to do more of the fun stuff in Galveston with my Boys.
easy access to the Highways, Malls, and of course Walmart!
I love it ! you will too!

Room Tip: all the rooms are exactly the same so it all depends on what floor you wish to be on. NOTE: smoking...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments! We take guest feedback very seriously and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will think of Value Place again on your travels.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Value Place was home away from home for almost 3 months. The rooms are sunny, I loved my full-size kitchen and high speed internet kept me connected. The staff are wonderful - always a friendly face, always a smile. The property manager is to be commended - Casey is very professional, helpful, and makes all her guests feel right at home and part of a "family". Cudos to you all, I'll miss ya!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LindaJnkins
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. At Value Place, we are proud of our employees and you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. Wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property was a pleasure to visit. The room was super clean, sevice was great and it felt so safe. The staff was wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable. The staff greeted me and other customers at all times. The staff was also aware of what attractions were close by. I am going to recommend this place to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank roel m

We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My boss had made the reservations and when I saw how little it cost I figured I would be living in the geto. Couldnt be further from the truth! I have stayed at very few places that put this much energy and pride inot the up keep and cleanliness as they do here. Im sure its the staff that takes pride in where they work. everyone who works here is pleasant and always willing to do what it takes to keep you happy..Frist impressions are every thing and my first person I met when i checked in was Kelly (for those of you who dont know, thats kelly with a Y!!!) and the experience just got better from there...

Room Tip: what can I say, clean and very resonalble. I would stay here again anytime
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank steve122358
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We are delighted to hear you that you had a pleasant stay with us! At Value Place you will always receive an affordable price in a cleaner, safer, simpler, and flexible property. We’re about living better through better value and no matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here while working for a couple of months at a local hopital. My first impression was that it was well maintained and clean...which you don't find very often at a great price! The staff was awesome...very helpful & friendly. Again not what you would expect at economy hotel. It was quiet and the room came with a regular kitchen which was great. While researching I only found a few other hotels in the area that have "kitchenettes" which consist of a mini fridge & a tiny microwave. Although you don't get all the bells & whistles that other hotels may have, you get a clean, secured atmosphere at a great price. If I wanted all that I would have to pay 3-5 times as much. Maybe on vacation but not while I'm travelling for work. I'd rather keep my money in my pocket! I will definately stay at Value Places in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TxGal4090
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are so excited to hear your time at Value Place was wonderful and that you would come back and visit us again! We try very hard to make every guest's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We appreciate you staying with us and wish you well in your future travels!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was a studio apartment rented by the week. Monthly rates are available. The weekly rate was about that of three days elsewhere. Stay here if you can do without a maid. The room is only cleaned every two weeks, or when you leave. We emptied our waste baskets at the dumpster behind the hotel. There was no breakfast or swimming pool.

We had a full refrigerator, microwave, and a small cabinet with a sink and stove. Dishes were not provided.

There was a dining room table with three chairs. We had a dresser, TV, nightstand, clock, hanger rack, and shelf. There was a bulleting board over the table. The room was well air-conditioned. There were window blinds, rather than drapes. The room seemed well lighted, and the paint job seemed current.

There was an adequate bathroom with nice shower pressure, enough hot water, and a variable speed shower head.

The beds consist of mattresses on wooden platforms - with storage under them. There is an extra charge for new sheets or more towels.

We were on the first floor but noted an elevator. Parking was always available near the entrances. The parking lot is well-lighted. The building exterior and halls were clean. We never heard any noise or disturbances.

There was easy access to the north-bound feeder road of I-45. To reach the motel from I-45, take exit 16 of I-45. Turn left under I-45 to the second traffice light. Take a left onto the north-bound feeder. The hotel will be on the right after about three blocks of north-bound driving on the feeder road.

The front desk is only open during the day, but a 24-hour attendant lives in the building. He was very polite and friendly. He gave us road directions.

There is a 24-hour IHOP at exit 16 and a 24-hour Denny's at exit 20. After any north-bound trip, one must cross over or under I-45, and take the south-bound feeder back to exit 16.

Room Tip: See my comments about access to north-bound and south-bound feeder roads.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DennisBonnie

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct, in many ways our rooms are like renting your own studio for a short time. But the good thing is we don't require any long term commitments! We wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

Do not expect to get a room even with a confirmed reservation. They had no rooms when I arrived and said they were "sorry for the inconveience" but there was nothing they could do so I had to drive around and look for something else the night before I started a new job. They would not even provide the manager's phone number.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business