“Decent Room for the Price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Texas City
Reviewed January 30, 2014

There's not a lot to say about this location, except that it's a standard Fairfield property with the amenities you would expect in this price range. The rooms are a bit worn, but totally clean and the bed was unbelievably comfortable for someone like me who does not sleep well on a hard mattress. The staff was courteous, the breakfast included the waffle-makers that attract weekenders far and wide, and the location is right next to a mall and many fast food places to choose from. Free parking and plenty of it. If you have to spend a night or two in this area, this is the place to do it.

One warning, hallway noise is very audible. If you are prone to going to sleep early or getting up late, take ear plugs--you WILL hear people talking and moving about in the hallways, but not at indecent hours (IMO).

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so assuming ceilings are too--get a top floor room if you need the quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Velvalee
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Velvalee,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our beds and clean rooms. I'm also glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. I do apologize if any hallway noise disturbed your stay. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Texas City.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I really was expecting the place to be a bit more upscale than it was. That said, it was clean and comfortable with the basic breakfast buffet and the location is good. Gulf Greyhound Park is only about a mile away and there are several eating spots nearby.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. The front desk people were friendly and efficient and the gal taking care of the breakfast bufffet did a great job of keeping it stocked and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was average-- nothing about my room, the pool, or the breakfast was anything special-- but the staff was amazing. The women at the front desk were very friendly whenever we walked by. My first night in I realized my phone charger had broken and asked where I could buy a new one nearby-- the woman working immediately let me borrow hers so I could get a charge before I left for the day.
The women working were always smiling and extremely friendly. I can almost say I'll miss them.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sabrian42
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Sabrian42,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm so happy to know that my staff helped to create a memorable experience for you. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful staff. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in Texas City.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month and I haven't seen service like this in a long time. I was lost and I called the hotel. The person who answered the phone gave me perfect directions and made my night easy. Then they gave me recommendations for a great restaurant near by. Everyone was friendly and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear George G,
Thank you for your great review of my hotel. I'm so glad that my friendly staff made you feel welcome. Please come back and see us again soon.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Always friendly staff. Very clean rooms and property. Hearty, fresh breakfast. We always stay here when we head down to visit. Easy on and off the freeway. Even when crowded at breakfast, the staff keeps things picked up and replenished. Just a comfortable stay every time!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 separate weekends for a baseball tournament. Got a group rate of $89 at first which really is what I thought what the room was worth. No microwave, no refrigerator rather compact. Although I notified them in my marriott profile to provide extra towels, they did not. Do to logistics we cancelled 1 of the 4 nights which shot our last night up to the weekend rate of $109. I dont think its worth $109 which is my opinion. The staff is wonderful, they could not have been anymore accommodating to our baseball team. I just cant give a cookie cutter hotel with small rooms and no microwave or refrigerator more than an average rating when they charge $109 per night. Even if the staff is great. I will give the evening auditor an extra praise for her customer service skills, she was incredible. Owner needs to rethink pricing as probably wont be bringing the team back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Gatorrat,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words of my staff. I apologize that you found our rates to be high. We work very hard to monitor our rates, and keep them affordable for our guests. I hope you will reconsider, and keep us in mind the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for our summer vacation. Our three year old ended up getting a tummy virus and so you would think we would hate this hotel from our experience alone. NO. WE LOVE IT! Not only did the staff come to check on him, but they offered to wash his car seat cover and clothes that he got sick all over. The sweet lady who restocks the breakfast area comforted me as i cried (we were all a mess, and i am pregnant) and they were just all around the kindest people i have ever come across in a hotel. The rooms were CLEAN the beds were great! My son has asthma and i was pregnant so we didnt want a room that smelled like smoke at all. Our room smelled great----like nothing! Which is the way it should be. :) We stayed on the first floor and heard nothing. A very quiet hotel! We loved the breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, biscuits, fresh fruit and eggs, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, and pastries. The coffee was always fresh and they have cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few others that i dont remember. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL! Stay here and drive into Galveston....it's cheaper and better than the GALVEZ!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 13 in Texas City
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#11 of 17 in Webster

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City? Share your experiences!