“Disgusting elevators” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Onalaska, United States
“Disgusting elevators”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Traveled to Texas City on business and as always, chose the Hampton Inn for my stay. Upon arrival I was assigned a room that had not been cleaned. Went back to the front desk and was assigned another room. The elevator was barely functional,it's carpet looked like it had never been vacuumed and there were smears and hand prints covering every inch of the interior. My wife and I always choose one of the Hilton Hotels chain with a preference toward Hampton Inn. This particular hotel was far below any standards for this chain. I will never use the Texas City Hampton again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TexasCityHI_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Susan R.
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the below average condition of my hotel when you stayed with us. I am the new General Manager of the Hampton Inn Texas City. We were in a transition period and I lost 75% of my housekeeping staff. What you saw was definitely not how I want my hotel to look. We are now fully staffed and the hotel is looking great. I hope you can come back and see that for yourself. I promise you won’t be disappointed. I am trying to make this hotel like my last (we were the #2 Hampton in the world) and we appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand.

Duane Ide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cut Off, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great hotel. Will definitely stay again. Rooms were very clean. Staff were very polite. Only issue we had was the pool seems to have too much clorine in it but other than that it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TexasCityHI_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Alexis,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn in Texas City. We enjoyed having you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again. We thank you for your kinds words and invite you back any time. Have a wonderful day.
Duane Ide,
General Manger
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Got in early evening, long line for checkin and had to wait about 20 mins to be acknolewdge...first time it happens for a HHonors member. Toilet seat was broken...no more available rooms to move. Woke up around 2 am and saw a bunch of bugs on the wall above the a/c. Called front desk, nobody picked up, so decided to grap a towel and squash a couple of them. Got dressed and left the room. Will not be returning to this property at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear lajjr,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the negative experience you had at our hotel. I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the greatest importance to us at the Hampton Inn in Texas City and we are taking steps to ensure situations like this don't happen again. I would like to invite you back so we can prove to you that this hotel and its staff are top notch. Sincerely,
Duane Ide,
Keller, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A nice hotel in a quiet area with a reasonable rate. Complimentary breakfast was a big plus and the beds were very comfortable. A very comfortable 2-day stay. Near I-45 for convenience. 20 minutes to Galveston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

McCook, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I have been trying to take our teenage daughter on a family vacation once a year , on a budget. Not being big travelers I rely only on reviews. one thing that drew me to the Hampton Inn in Texas City,TX were the excellent ratings, and they were correct!!! After driving 16 hrs from Nebraska we arrived at approximately 10am ,even though check in was not until 3pm that day we were checked in early and even invited to have continental breakfast. Constance and Laporcha were two of the friendliest women in the hospitality industry that I've ever met. EVERYONE on the staff was wonderful , always made us feel special. We are truly enjoying these years w/ our daughter on our family trips , and at the same time she is getting to experience wonderful people like you have on your staff... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A WONDERFUL SUMMER TRIP IN TEXAS.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The rooms smelled nice and we saw NO pets!! We absolutely will not stay in hotels that have pets since we have young children and I can't stand the thought of my baby crawling around after someones dog was all over. The only thing I wished was that they had a guest laundry since we have 3 kids and after going to the beach we NEEDED to do some laundry. We had to go somewhere else for that. Also our room didn't have a fridge and microwave which we thought it would and that was inconvenient with our children needing snacks. Overall very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank vande02
caldwell, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the past year and whenever I visit Texas City, I stay here. The breakfast is typical and gets old, otherwise I very much enjoy my stay. Close to major stores and resturants. Easy on and off interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo