“Enjoyed”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
caldwell, United States
“Enjoyed”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the past year and whenever I visit Texas City, I stay here. The breakfast is typical and gets old, otherwise I very much enjoy my stay. Close to major stores and resturants. Easy on and off interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Jessie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Yantis
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel did not quite live up to the quality standards we have enjoyed at Hampton Inn's in the past. The location is pretty good within walking distance to the beach. The complimentary breakfast was good and the pool/fitness room was good, but the cleanliness and working order of our room left much to be desired.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Leesville, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

i am a hhonor member and i forget my card so i asked the clerk to put my stay in as a hhonor member. she forget to do that. so i lost puionts for my stay. if you are a hhonor member please make sure you have your member card on you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We are sorry for the experience you are having with our HHonors program.
Please send a detailed email to our Guest Assistance department. Please include your HHonors number and the confirmation number of your stay. That email address is hilton.comments@hilton.com They look forward to your reply and will gladly try to assist. Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I traveled to Texas City in order to board a cruise ship the next day out of Galveston. I must say that I booked this hotel by accident but the hotel has some of the friendliest staff I have ever met. The front desk clerk – Cherrie was so nice and very funny. I was in room 219 and it was clean. This not a suite hotel, so there are no fridges and microwaves in the room. The bed was comfortable and I felt right at home. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi which I found fast and convenient. There are not many options for food at this exit. There is a Ryan’s Steak house, a Jack in the Box and if you cross the interstate there is a Wal-Mart.

There is a mall next door - The Mall of the Mainland, there are very few stores open and no major stores other than a Sears. Evidently a tornado hit the mall last year and devastated the area. It seems that most of the major stores like Macy’s left and never returned. There is a movie theater in the mall that was playing recent showings. We walked back to the hotel and since we had an early wake up we went to sleep early. We got up the next morning around 8am and headed downstairs for breakfast. It was hot and very good. They served Western Style omelets, potatoes, and sausage as well as fruit, cereal, and waffles. All in all it was a great stay in a very nice and comfortable hotel. Exactly what I have come to expect from the brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during a family get together in April 2013. I'm a diamond member and have stayed in many Hampton Inns. This was a favorite hotel with the locals in the area as it had a very nice, well used indoor pool. It even had a lift for those that needed addtional help. The hotel was a little older and the rooms were a bit smaller than what I was used to. We had a king room but it felt small. The breakfast area was also very small. Given the number of families that stayed there it was packed. The first morning we took the food back up to our room becasue there wasn't any where to sit. I was also surprised to find the sausage cold since the employees had just replenished the sausage as we walked up. The next day they were out of food and we left before 6:00am the following day. There is a mall right next door and number of eating establishments in the area. There is also a new outlet mall a few miles up I-45 towards Houston which was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable and other than breakfast, no real complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in town please visit us again. Thank you for your comments.
DeWitt, Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hotel was nice the staff extremely friendly. However, 6 am breakfast for our 2 week stay was never ready on time, my husband had to be on the road by 6:10 so he as well as other business people left in the morning w/o breakfast. We ended up making our own in our room. Staff was also very helpful with giving me suggestions of places to go and visit during our stay. Room was nice, but not very clean.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friends and I stayed here before our cruise in April 2013. It's only 15 min from the cruise terminal. The rooms were clean and comfortable and not as expensive as in Galveston. We purchased this room through Hotwire. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends