“Good Location”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during a family get together in April 2013. I'm a diamond member and have stayed in many Hampton Inns. This was a favorite hotel with the locals in the area as it had a very nice, well used indoor pool. It even had a lift for those that needed addtional help. The hotel was a little older and the rooms were a bit smaller than what I was used to. We had a king room but it felt small. The breakfast area was also very small. Given the number of families that stayed there it was packed. The first morning we took the food back up to our room becasue there wasn't any where to sit. I was also surprised to find the sausage cold since the employees had just replenished the sausage as we walked up. The next day they were out of food and we left before 6:00am the following day. There is a mall right next door and number of eating establishments in the area. There is also a new outlet mall a few miles up I-45 towards Houston which was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable and other than breakfast, no real complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in town please visit us again. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
DeWitt, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hotel was nice the staff extremely friendly. However, 6 am breakfast for our 2 week stay was never ready on time, my husband had to be on the road by 6:10 so he as well as other business people left in the morning w/o breakfast. We ended up making our own in our room. Staff was also very helpful with giving me suggestions of places to go and visit during our stay. Room was nice, but not very clean.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friends and I stayed here before our cruise in April 2013. It's only 15 min from the cruise terminal. The rooms were clean and comfortable and not as expensive as in Galveston. We purchased this room through Hotwire. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was the most friendly I have ever experienced at any hotel level. I Highly recommend if you are ever in the area. Great beakfast as far as continental ones go, clean, near and quiet. Everyone smiles and speaks to you so yankees might not like it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everyone at the Texas City Hampton - from Anand to Cherye, from the breakfast hostess to the housekeepers - was phenomenal. I have been traveling a lot and I choose only one or two brands of hotels because of the consistency of service. I am happy to say that the staff in Texas City exceeded the service I have come to expect from the Hampton brand.

Every request was met with a smile and immediate assistance. The rooms were beautiful and the Hampton beds are always the most comfortable in the industry. The Texas City Hampton's complimentary breakfast was varied and provided a great start to a day of site-seeing and business. I especially liked the choice of teas available as I am not a coffee drinker.

Thank you to everyone for a superb experience.

Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We cannot say enough about the Texas City Hampton Inn Hotel accommodations and personnel. I want to especially comment on Jackie and Briuanna. They were beyond accommodating to our family after our parents house burned down and then our mom had a heart attack. Our father is in the last stages of Altheimers and my sisters and I were taking care of dad at you hotel after the fire. These ladies were so kind and could not do more to help us. Even the smallest need or request was not too much for them. The rooms are so comfortable and breakfast setup one of the best I have experienced. Jackie made a very difficult situation a blessing for us. I would recommend a bonus or some type of reward for Jackie and Briuanna if can be done. All our future stays will only be in a Hampton Inn. Barbara Carlisle

Room Tip: Beds afe very comfortable, roomy and they have an inside pool and outstanding service. This is the...
Dyersburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Texas City for two nights. Now the location in Texas City is a few miles away from all the food and shopping joints, but a dog track is less than a mile away. The place was super clean and the staff you cant beat them. It felt like I was a VIP or staying at a 5 star hotel with the service. The staff is what makes the hotel great! Wont regret booking this hotel!