“New beds”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Atlanta, Georgia
“New beds”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently stayed at this location while they were replacing all the mattresses. Your basic Hampton Inn, staff is friendly, and tries to help you in whatever ways they can. I would stay here again. Now this review is aggravating because i have to type at least 200 characters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInn-TexasCity, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'd like to personally thank you on behalf of my entire team here at the Hampton Inn in Texas City - Texas, for your loyalty, business and feedback.

I noticed you might have been inconvenienced due to the issue you mentioned with us bringing in the new mattresses, we will take your feedback as a training tool. We thank you for your understanding as well as sharing the excitement of the new beds. We take great pride in serving our guests and I will be sure to acknowledge the entire team and share the positive response in reference to the level of service provided by the staff. It is surveys with positive feedback that motivate the team and make coming to work a more enjoyable place.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any suggestions if we can make you next stay here with us even more enjoyable .

Anand Dutta
Hampton Inn – Texas City
anand.dutta@tmihospitality.com
409-986-6686

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I booked a hotel room at the last minute because I had to go to Galveston and I wanted to go swimming. I always review the pool area and Hampton Inn scored 4/5 because it was clean and the temperature of the hot tub and pool were perfect. I deducted one star because there were no pool towels available.
The room itself could have been better. The air conditioning had soaked the carpet in icy water, leaving my backpack wet when I set it on the floor next to the desk. Fortunately, all of my camera gear which was in the backpack didn't get wet.
There was a dead roach beside the a/c unit and had I seen it last night there is no way in hell I would have stayed here. Other than those two complaints everything else was good. The bed is comfortable, just like all Hampton Inn hotels, and they offer a decent hot breakfast with a Texas shaped waffle maker. The day and night staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again but check my room first before settling in.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went to Houston/Galveston on vacation. We planned on splitting time between Houston attractions and the beach in Galveston. Decided to stay in Texas city which is about halfway in between our destinations. There is a cluster of nice hotels right off I-45 exit #15 in a nice, safe area of town. Hotel was clean and modern. Sits next to Ryan's Steakhouse, iHop and a bunch of fast food restaurants. Indoor pool and jacuzzi was nice for a relaxing swim. Takes 15-20 minutes to get over to Gslveston and about 30 minutes to Downtown Houston. Glad we stayed here.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 29, 2012

All the major important things were met:

Friendly staff. Room was clean and TV worked fine with good cable. Showers were good. Breakfast was more generous than I had anticipated. Bed was very comfy with nice clean linens.

Bad sides: We were right near the pool so children were loud. That's not really the hotel's fault. The spa was broken (apparently this happens once every summer, but seems to happen 90% of the time I visit a hotel). Parking was fine and free. Not THE greatest location but the trip into Galveston was very manageable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We stay here on a July 4th weekend and it was very busy. The hotel is small, the carpet was the cleaniest compare to other hotels I been too. The bad and bad sheet are clean thought, that is important! Overall, this is okay, not too far from galveston, about 15-20 mins drive. The prize for this type of room could be a bit cheaper but we have government rate discount so I turn out to be ok. Not the best in term of price but this hotel have the friendly staffs. Very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is ok, typical for Hamton hotel chain...give them a try and see for yourself

• Stayed July 2012
Albama
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one week. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the entire hotel & the friendliness of the staff.
This hotel has an Indoor Heated Swimming Pool. I used every night of my stay. I would never have thought that these amenities would have made SUCH A GREAT DIFFERENCE in my enjoyment of a hotel. I have absolutely No Complaints about the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a meeting in Galveston. The rooms were reasonable and clean for the price. The lighting was probably a little dimmer for my preference. The exercise room had a bad odor, it needed to be cleaned. Breakfast was adequate but the employees were very friendly and welcoming. The Mainland Mall which was close by had limited shopping. I was sort of disappointed by this. I would return and stay her if I needed to.

• Stayed February 2012