“A Very Nice Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
texas
“A Very Nice Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and were very pleased with this hotel.
It is off the main highway behind a Ryans and adjacent to the Mall of the Mainland. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The WiFi worked well. The breakfast in the morning was typical Hampton Inn. The location is good. It is about 15 miles from Galveston and the same distance to the Space Center. The Mall and Ryans are walking distance from the hotel. Since we only stayed one night, I cannot give an opinion on housekeeping. The room has a flat screen television with an extended channel lineup. The hotel has a very nice indoor pool with a hot tub. When visiting this area again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rdwacw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Far enough off the highway to really cut down the noise. Clean, comfortable, well-maintained. Good internet connection speeds for the whole (week-long) stay - a rarity in hotels. Breakfast was pretty much the standard Hampton fare. All of the staff really seemed to care and put in that extra bit of effort. No onsite laundry.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel three days and had a great time. It is nestled right between Galveston beaches and the Johnson Space Center. It took us a short ride to get to both. The SERVICE was outstanding; the breakfast was very good and changed each day; and the pool was tops!

• Stayed July 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We are just checking out today after a two night stay. I was a little apprehensive after reading some other reviews, but I have to say I was pleased with our service. The only complaint I could say would be that housekeeping is slow. The breakfast is good and the service you get from those ladies is the best I had ever seen. They made sure you had what you wanted. With all that being said we would stay again. I also recommend going on priceline and making a bid. We got our room for $50 for each night.

• Stayed June 2011
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. In a quiet location near a mall that will make it appealing to some.

The room was spacious and very clean. Check-in was flawless, quick and friendly. The hotel is in near new condition and is very well maintained. The clerk gave a great dinner recommendation.

We’d return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bryant, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times, as it is convenient to Galveston cruise port. Months in advance, we reserved several rooms for our family and friends. after 5pm and our rooms were not ready. We visited with friends and waited 30 minutes. We were told the room was ready, so we went up and found the cleaning staff just starting to clean the room. We go back down and wait another half hour. Our friends room wasn't cleaned, yet they were told the room was ready. Each family provided their credit card information for their own room; however, when we checked our credit card bill, we were charged for two additional rooms. Our friends with the dirty room had been told they wouldn't be charged for the room, which they were not BUT we were.charged for their room. Really poor service and cleaning on this stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInn-TexasCity, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am reaching out to you in reference to your tripadvisor posting on May 7, 2011 and on behalf of the Hilton family and our ownership company TMI hospitality I’d like to resolve this matter in your favor.

My name is Anand Dutta and I have assumed the duties of a General Manager as of November 15, 2012. I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this negative experience around, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 954-551-0083 or 409-986-6686

Anand R. Dutta
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Pro:

Good location
Next door to Ryan's
Next door to a Mall
Next door to several other eating places
Next door to a large movie cinema
Next door to the interstate
Good breakfast
Free Brown Bag breakfast to go if you're in a hurry
Fitness Center and Pool/Whirlpool

Con:

The slowest WiFi I have ever seen. .5 mbp download/.25 upload
Elevator is among the slowest I have ever been on

Overall: Good value - no major negatives (except for the WiFi)

Room Tip: No real deals - basic good value