“Extremely Quite”

TownePlace Suites Texarkana
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a room with a king size bed. The location and the room was very clean and quiet. Our moderately priced suite had a full size refrigerator and a two burner counter top stove. It was well equipped with the basic essentials to enjoy an extended stay. If you do not want to cook, there is a Red Lobster restaurant right next door to the hotel. The location of the hotel is kind of difficult to get to but once you arrive the front desk staff is very helpful at helping you enjoy your stay. They also provide a free light breakfast with plenty of healthy choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TownePlaceTexarkana, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. I hope you will try us again so we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Texarkana

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent room - good-sized and clean. Very cordial, helpful staff. Enjoyed having the kitchenette and loved the unique layout of the room. Second time I've stayed in this hotel and would definitely book it again. Enjoyed the breakfast provided. Restaurants are close by - including a Red Lobster that's just across the hotel parking lot. There are also lots of good options for shopping close by. Very conveniently located with easy access to the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you! We love to hear the nice reviews from our guests. You are why we are here! Please come back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our stay was very relaxing! The room was very clean and well put together. The front desk receptionist was very accommodating and professional. We were only there for two nights visiting family in Doddridge, AR about 25 miles away. I was very excited to head back to our room and get out of the heat I was in all day! A big nice King Size bed, very comfortable. We got a good weekend rate as well! There were absolutely no problems during our stay. The area was nice, a good variety of restaurants and a shopping mall right across the Interstate 30. When I return to visit family again, I will be staying here! ♥

Room Tip: We chose the opposite side of the pool. When we checked in we were given a room on the 2nd floor, sa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Conveniently located on the North side of I-30, about 15-20 minutes drive heading west from Texarkana Regional Airport, Arkansas. Although GPS (both mine and friend) misled us to hotel on the South side of I-30 freeway. There is also a Marriott Courtyard there, so not sure if that was programming error.

The freeway interchanges, exits/entrances take a little bit getting used to. Different than the normal freeways I found in the US. St. Michael Way outside hotel is one way (heading West) and so is Mall Road (heading East) on the other side of I-30. So leaving and coming to hotel again takes a little practice, otherwise one would be looping around a few times.

There are plenty of shopping, eating, markets, even theatre all within few minutes to 15 minutes drive, and also many hotel options around, very convenient. There are plenty of wooded areas in the vicinity so have a country, relaxed feel.

Marriott standards in here. Free breakfast buffet (a little more choice on weekends but opening time is later than weekdays). There is also outside patio area for breakfast, smoke break or just simple relaxation. An outdoor pool on the back with a gas BBQ grill made the stay enjoyable. Free wi-fi (though I got connection problems a few times) as well as 2 computers on the ground floor office, ice machine, elevators, and free parking are all available. A small laundromat with washer/dryers close to the front desk--and free laundry detergent if asked. You only have to provide your own quarters for the machines.

Room is fairly spacious with a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, electric stove tops,pots and pans, dishes, silverwares, sink). Closet is a little weird--there are doors opening into the closet from inside the bathroom as well as from the living room side (same closet).

On this visit, hotel was fully booked so maid service was a little slow. Room not cleaned up until late afternoon.

Room Tip: Perhaps choosing top floor would avoid hearing kids running around above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IVegas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our room was excellent for a long weekend! We had the two king bedroom suite. There was plenty of room for the four of us. Although, we did not need it, there was a kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator, and small table. I liked how the bathroom had the sink & mirror separate from the toilet & bathtub/shower so that someone could do their hair/makeup while another was showering. There was a TV & separate climate controls in each of the bedrooms as well as in the living area.
While I didn't use any of the amenities like the exercise center, they do have one, albeit a small one. The pool was an outdoor one, so not in season, yet. There is a business center with two computers. In the breakfast area, there are several tables, a TV, a fireplace, and an enclosed outdoor seating area. The Red Lobster & McAlister's Deli are within walking distance.
If I was going to be in Texarkana again, then this is where I would stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The rooms are very clean and spacious. Great location also. Nice restaurants near by. This hotel also had a great work out room and great housekeeping. I enjoyed my stay each time I have visited here for both for pleasure and for work. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A big thank you to Julie for being so caring and kind. It's nice to feel like someone wants you to stay at their hotel. The bathrooms have plenty of room and the beds are so comfortable. It is very quite also. Great breakfast. I am a person who reads reviews so trust me you can not go wrong staying here. This is my favorite place to stay in that area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Thank,you Julie for your help with a perfect place for us to stay overnight. It was perfect! The room was large and the desk was great for me to be able to work while there.wish we would have had time to enjoy the breakfast and work out facilities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Great! We love to hear positve feedback! Thank you so much for taking hte time to post a review for us! I would love to meet you the next time you are in town! Thanks again!