TownePlace Suites Texarkana
$80
$72
$99
Hampton.com
Wyndham Garden Texarkana(Texarkana)(Great Value!)
$48
$100
Residence Inn
$94
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom suitered lobstermicrowave popcornfront desktwo monthssmall kitchenend tablefull size fridgeevery morningvisit familywithin walking distancetraveling throughbusiness centernice stayice machinenice propertysofa bed
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I drove from Ft Hood Tx.to Texarkana for official military business and this hotel was on point. It had very professional staff(s) (Kim). Also very convinent to the resturants and shopping area. This hotel also offered shuttle services to and around the surrounding areas. It also had a little exercise room, laundry room,swimming pool and a mini store in the lobby. And last but not least rooms had a kitchen and facilitiies were very clean.

SSG Pangelinan
U.S. Army

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Hotel: was easy to find, needed to stop through Texarkana
Staff: nice and polite
Room: the size and amenities were quite impressive. I don't think I've stayed in a TownePlace Suite in years.
Breakfast: I had to leave early in the AM and breakfast was done and ready by 6am. The kitchen staff was helpful and accommodating.

Room for improvement: There was an unsightly stain on the couch and if I were staying longer I would have had them replace the couch seat pillow... sure wouldn't want to sleep on that sofabed. they also need to just do a better job vacuuming. I know it's not 4 or 5 star but again if I was staying longer, I would have asked them to come and vacuum the room again.

I wanted to leave a comment about the room but just didn't have time. I will note these issues on the Marriott review when it's sent to me.

Otherwise a decent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We take a family roadtrip every 5 years from NY to Texas for a family reunion. Five years ago we stumbled upon this gem after a weary 2nd full day of driving. The hotel was actually quite new then and we LOVED our stay. For this year's trip we made sure our travels would time us perfectly in Texarkana again so that we could stay again. We were a little leary if we would enjoy it as much being that now it was 5 years less new. However, it was like time had not touched the hotel! Staff was just as friendly and helpful, rooms just as clean, and well appointed. The 2 bedroom suite was the perfect solution to 4 of us (now all adults) to stay for the night. (Well perfect would have been 2 bathrooms but that would be quite a bit to ask of a hotel room). The parents are snorers! So it was a nice relief to be able to shut their door and ours to block out their sound! Having the fully furnished kitchen is also perfect for our stay the night before arriving to our TX reunion because it allows us to get some of our family dishes started and/or cooked for when we arrive at the reunion. The staff was helpful in choosing a place to eat as well. We were looking for a good "real TX steak", and the girls at the desk suggested the locally owned Ironwood which was just up the street and absolutely delicious! TPS by Marriott gets two thumbs up from us! I would recommend it to anyone! My only complaint is there needs to be more mirrors somewhere for getting ready. There is a full length back-to-back with the sink mirror in the bathroom, which isn't condusive to more than one person getting ready at once. Also, there are only those two back-to-back mirrors and a small high mirror in the whole room. It seems like having a few more mirror options would be smarter in a suite that is meant to accommodate up to 6 people.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
TownePlaceTexarkana, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

This hotel is one of the best I've seen. The service was wonderful and once you walk in the door they have freshly made cookies and lemonade. They do allow pets but that wasn't a problem what so ever. The rooms are big and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011
TownePlaceTexarkana, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you! We appreciate you so much! Please let us know when you come back to Texarkana!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

The only tip I really have to offer is that this location offers a better complimentary breakfast selection. I was told that they offer more during the weekdays which didn't make since because rates are cheaper. If a customer pays more during the weekend we also deserve a quality breakfast selection.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We love to hear from our guests!