“Very nice hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because he had a job interview in Texarkana and his recruiter recommended that we stay here. We loved it. Our room was huge and the bed was absolutely comfortable. The bathroom was really nice, modern and large. The staff were friendly. We had breakfast at the hotel every morning and the food was good, we loved their omelets! We definitely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear about the recruiter recommending us and that you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly share your compliments about the hotel with the entire team and hope your husband's interview went well. I hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband often travels to Texarkana on business and I tag along quite a bit. We've stayed at several hotels in town and this is so far the best. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff are friendly and helpful. And most of all, there is a bar/lounge area to hang out and chill after a long day. They serve breakfast and dinner, hence, you have the option of eating in if you want. However, there are several restaurants within walking distance and some shopping as well. Since it is adjacent to the Convention Center, the lobby area can get very busy at times. The room and food are reasonably priced. If you're looking for good quality hotel, this one is highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tess T
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the high marks on service and quality. We are very proud of our product and level of service and I am glad you thought we were the best. I hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

By far the nicest place to stay in Texarkana. The room was clean and nicely equipped. We didn't have one complaint. The prices at the hotel restaurant were a bit high considering the locale, but the food quality was above average and the service was good. We would definitely stay here again the next time we visit.....all the other options are well below the level of what you get here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JBLR

Thank you for staying with us and for the great 5 star review. I am glad you were able to enjoy the room as well as the food and service in the restaurant and I look forward to sharing your comments with the entire team. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Texarkana.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were travelling from Illinois to Houston and didn't want to drive the whole way through. We decided to stop in Texarkana. We choice the Hilton Garden Inn because I am a Hilton Honors member, and wanted my points :). It was a little bit difficult to navigate to off the interstate, but not too terrible. Our GPS didn't register the address so we had to do some maneuvering. What a great choice though. This hotel is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could live there :). Looks brand new, great decor, and very elegant. Hotel and rooms were spotless. Very comfortable bed, and we didn't hear any noise from neighbors or the hallway. We ate at the restaurant on site, and it was delicious! We had a car full of stuff (we were moving) and it was not bothered during the night (which I worry about no matter where you go). Very well lit parking lot, and seems to be in a nice, safe area. There are lots of hotels in that area, but you should pick this one! Staff was very friendly and courteous. I wish there was a free breakfast, but we knew that going in. Pool is outdoors for those wondering. We got in pretty late, and it was March, so we didn't make it to the pool. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking in the Texarkana area. We have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years travelling, and this was one of my favorites.

Room Tip: We aren't picky choosing rooms, any of them would have been fine. The rooms seem far enough away...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and it sounds like we exceeded your expectations. I also thank you for highly recommending our hotel and hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Texarkana area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel itself is nice, but I was there for 4 nights and the hotel was out of regular coffee for the whole week. Cable kept cutting out during shows (usually missed the end of a movie). Every day I checked about coffee and all they could say was the supplier had it on backorder. For a convention center hotel to run out of regular coffee for this long was hard to believe (coffee drinkers can understand my point). The bar/restaurant is very nice; food and service was excellent. The hotel's response didn't warm my heart any. "Dear Ms. Jordan,

I thank you for staying with us and sincerely apologize for the lack of coffee during your stay. This incident is truly inexcusable and to be very honest, quite embarrassing that this happened. I have taken steps with the housekeeping department to ensure this does not occur again. Unfortunately, the cable situation is a bit more out of my control than the coffee, but I was able to speak with our cable representative and was informed that Cable One is going all digital and these "breaks" are when they are resetting systems. Our representative commented that this should only last for another week.

Again, I thank you for staying with us and your business is very valuable to me. I hope that you would give our hotel another opportunity to let show you what a great place we truly are. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly."

What happened to "satisfaction guaranteed". Try the Hampton or another brand instead - my company and myself will.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

I apologize for the lack of coffee and the issues with the cable during your stay, but was delighted to learn you enjoyed the food and service in our restuarant/bar. I would truly enjoy the opportunity to make this right for you and hope that you would allow me the opportunity to do so. When you have a moment, please contact me at David.Henderson2@hilton.com or my direct line of 903-255-4641 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Very pretty exterior and newly built. The parking is free and there is plenty. The hotel lobby is very nicely decorated and the hotel staff are wonderful. The pool area looks nice but i didnt use it. The gym was in the main lobby near the pool area so it was easy to find and adequate. They have an outdoor sitting area with a fireplace that I really liked. The meeting areas were nice and plenty of room. Thw rooms were cleam and a good size with a fridge and microwave. Room service was great at night.

Now for the disappointing things. Noisey!! They walls are thin and every door that shut on my floor shook my bed and woke me. I could hear people walking across the floor in the room above me and it sounded like they were wearing concrete shoes. The plumbing in my bathroom vibrated and popped all the time even when i was not using it. This was very annoying. My biggest concern was when I used the stairs because the elevator was very slow. The stairs exited into a meeting hallway wherw the hotel staff had set up a lunch table for some guests. I had to walk through a small narrow area left in the hallway to get to the main hallway. The food was left unattended and that was not good because anyone, especially children could have contaminated that food so easily. The hallway was just not large enough for that to be safe if a real emergency had occurred and the fire exit and stairs were used by several people at one time. Last but not least, the hotel does not serve lunch. I planned a working lunch but had to leave to get something to eat.
Overall its nice and priced right but not the overall quality I have come to expect from Hilton.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kezbeth,

I thank you for recently staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the areas that you were disappointed in and I know I can work with the team and correct the banquet table situation in the hallway you spoke about. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel, our wonderful staff and I hope you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Texarkana area.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

When you are in Texarkana, you have MANY choices of hotels. This hotel is by far, the best in town! Very friendly staff, nice bar, good food and really nice big rooms. The fitness center is also very nice. The lobby has several internet connections too. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Donna,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. You are correct, there are many hotel choices in Texarkana and we are honored that you chose us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.