“Monday Lunches”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Texarkana, Texas, United States
“Monday Lunches”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Love your place. Food is good, staff is very courteous and helpful.
Two things: 1. The sound system is not good....at our Monday Bible Study when Tim talks it sounds like we are at Cowboys Stadium. Don't know if the volume just needs to be a little lower or if anything can be done. 2. The temperature was very cold in there today with the A/C on so strong. I know the wait staff is busy and therefore warm, but the patrons were all cold today at lunch.
Thanks for your consideration.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
58ballybunion58,
It’s great to hear from you, and I’m glad you love our hotel, food and helpful staff. Your feedback is important to us because it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. Thank you again for writing. We hope to see you soon!

Barbara Israel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed April 8, 2013

modern design in hotel, comfortable rooms, very clean, staff was very courteous. Will stay again next time in visiting family (2-3 times a year) or in for business. Very satisfied with this hotel, look no farther for upscale place to stay in Texarkana.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

A TripAdvisor Member,
We’re happy to hear from you and appreciate you writing a review on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. I’m delighted to hear you liked our property and found your room clean and comfortable and our staff courteous throughout your visit. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in town for business or visiting family. Thanks again.

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked 5 rooms at this hotel for a business trip. I did not know it was the newest hotel in the area, I just usually choose this chain when available because I trust the cleanliness. We checked in a little before the posted time of 3 pm and all of the rooms were ready after a brief check with housekeeping. All five of us were checked in by the one person in under 10 mintues which was wonderful! The rooms are new with a mini-fridge, microwave and larger than average flat screen TV. My room had a walk in shower which was great for me. The glass doors were heavy and a little hard to open but it was very roomy and good water pressure. I know there were guests on both sides of me but I never heard a noise of any kind! My room was next to what appeared to be a heating or air unit on part of the roof area and still there was NO noise coming into my room. Close to I-30 so expected some noise and was pleasantly surprised. Very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows of all thicknesses. Didn't use the workout facility but peaked in and it appeared to have adequate machines to accomodate several guests at once. I did notice that all of the machines were equipped with TVs which is always a plus. Cook to order breakfast was okay and in keeping with what I know of this chain. Items for the continential area were numerous and appeared fresh even at 8 am. The staff were friendly, helpful and very attentive. The 24 hour pantry that most hotels now use in lieu of vending machines was well stocked and even had food items and desserts from the kitchen in the refrigerated section that could be purchased for people like me who wanted chocolate cake late at night. Location is close to the mall (can drive through parking lots to get there) and restaurants are fairly close. Driving is not the best because of construction and one way service roads. Not the hotels fault, just something to keep in mind. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want a walk in shower ask about tub/shower combo. I don't know if they have th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adria67
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Adria67,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your business trip. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our clean, comfortable, quiet rooms to meet your expectations. I appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff and their attentive service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was very impressed with this new hotel and will definately stay when I am back in Texarkana. The room was extremely nice and the staff was very friendly. One of the best work out rooms in a hotel.

I really liked the decor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 901JimM
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
901JimM,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn. I’m delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations with our new hotel, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Friendly, attentive staff; surprisingly good on-site restaurant that is better than many of the chain "casual dining" restaurants in the area (we ate dinner and breakfast there); clean, quiet room; plenty of well-lit parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas G
Renee B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Douglas G,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana. I’m pleased to hear that our on-site restaurant exceeded your expectations and that you found our staff to be friendly and attentive. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel stepped up in ways they did not have to. They went above and beyond. Very clean hotel. Very friendly staff. Special thanks to Chase, who helped me change my tire in the rain. I stayed two nights and was also in a wedding that was at the convention center, staff from both locations were so incredibly helpful. I never ran into a staff member that did not say hello. Again, above and beyond!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Missbrit7096
Missbrit7096,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana. We have a wonderful team here, so it’s great to receive your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. I’ll make sure Chase receives a special commendation for going above and beyond. Car troubles always seem to occur at the worst times so I’m happy Chase was there to offer assistance. Thank you again for writing. We hope you’ll visit us again soon!

Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was not only a surprise to me, but an absolute joy to stay at this fine facility. Rooms were excellent, price was very reasonable and clean. The management was the best I have ever seen. They really care about your stay. They made sure I was totally pleased with my stay and they really meant it.

My second day I lost my eye glasses and Ms. Carol Green the Catering Sales Manager not only lead the effort to find them, but when they found them called me at my meeting at the A&M campus, then delivered them to me at the campus. It actually turned a potentially awful day into a fantastic day. When you can't see, it makes my work impossible. I will always look for Hilton in my future travels from now on. Chuck Thomas 817-713-9683 cell.

Room Tip: Just call ahead or when you check in, let them know what needs you have. The hotel is very new, and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chuck T
Chuck T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana. I’m extremely pleased to know that the cleanliness of our rooms and the service of our staff exceeded your expectations during your stay. I’ll make sure Carol Green receives a special commendation for her outstanding customer service in turning your potentially bad day into a great one by leading the efforts to find and deliver your eye glasses to you. Thank you again for writing. We value you as a guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon!