WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Austin, Texas
“Average Courtyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

All Courtyards probably get the same review because they are all the same. Courtyard in Texarkana is no different, but definitely one of the better places to stay in a city of chain hotels. Rooms are large, quite, and safe. Food experience average, but overpriced. Location is convenient for passing through or to conduct business locally.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a business meeting where the client put me up at this hotel. I was pleased with the general facilities but did not know any of the name brand chains did not serve a complimentary breakfast.

On my next stay I will insist on a different hotel that does serve not only a complimentary breakfast but a hot one as well. Such a hotel will not be hard to find as I can see it out my room window.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard, what an immaculate hotel! For the money, $99 a night, you can't beat the price, the location, the cleanliness and the service. I highly recommend this to anyone! I checked in late at night, found something to snack on in the "snack bar" and found a great night's sleep in the huge room I had. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Anamosa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for two nights and it was wonderful. We had a great time. The location is perfect... easy to get to and restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel is clean, the pool is nice (no hot tub anymore), and the service was great.

I booked through Priceline, name your own price, and got the room for $45/night -- a great deal.

While they don't have a free breakfast, they do offer free wi-fi and also free parking.

I would stay here again in a minute. It is a great place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had reserved a king suite, with about a week's notice, with the Jacuzzi in the bedroom and told the hotel personal that I was going to get married on June 8th and wanted something real nice and relaxing for the start of my honeymoon. The personnel reccomended their spa package and that it would contain chocolates and rose petals and wine and such so I agreed to that as well. I told them when I reserved the room that the wedding would be at 10am and I asked what time would we be able to check in. The guy said that I would be able to check in by 12. Well the 8th came and we had a fantastic ceremony and my bride and myself arrived at the hotel at about 1:30. The lady at the front desk said that their manager had left a note apparently on a notpad saying that the rooms with the spa package could not check in until 3. Well my wife and i decided to take advantage of one of the many restaurants in the area and have a late lunch, olive garden to be exact. We arrived at the hotel again at about 2:45. They let us check in a few minutes before 3. The room looked spectacular. Rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart with dove chocolates spread around the room. My new bride was so excited to have a personal hot tub that she went ahead and changed into her swim suit and proceded to fill the jaccuzzi. I changed as well and went to put the wine the hotel supplied in the mini fridge when I discovered a small ziplock bag containing baby food and a rotten salad in the fridge. I just made a mental note of it to say something to the hotel staff about it later. Not a big deal. Me wife was already in the water and complained that she couldnt get the jets to come on. I played with it a little bit and could not either so I called the front desk to tell them I could not get the jets to come on. Someone came within ten minutes and I told him about the food and the jets and he said that he would reassign us a room and walked out. My bride and myself packed our items up leaving behind the wine and such and waited in the lobby. We were in the room about 30 minutes total. I asked the guy that came to the room about the jets and he said that it would take a moment and that he needed permission from his manager to reassign the room so I sat back down with my wife for near an hour while he checked people in over the phone. I became aggravated and approached the desk and asked how much longer it would take and he said he was still waiting for permission from his manager and it would take just a moment longer. My wife came to the desk and asked for a simple refund. The guy asked his coworker and he informed me that they would not charge my card but their would be a hold for the time the charge was pending. The hold stayed until Tuesday but I know that has to do with my bank and such as well but because of the carelessness of this hotel, my honeymoon started off horribly. We eventually took the two hour drive to hot springs and stayed at the Arlington hotel which accommodated us wonderfully even on short notice. I do not recommend the courtyard by marriot to anyone because they littirally brought my wife to tears on her special day.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marriedman2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Texarkana is not a popular place for us to stay on the road because of the lack of nice accommodations- however, we were pleasantly surprised by the Courtyard Marriott which had lovely staff, very nice furnishings and extremely comfortable beds. The only downside was the café, which offered a limited breakfast menu and an inexperienced barista, but overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We appreciate your nice compliments on our Courtyard by Marriott and its staff. The concerns you expressed of our new Bistro will be used as a training tool to improve the quality of service and exceed the expectations of all our guest. Our Courtyard was totally renovated July, 2012, with the addition of the "New Stay" onsite Starbucks and Bistro. Please accept my invitation to stay with us again in the future.
Cabot, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel had new decor in lobby and an onsite cafe. The beds were very comfortable. There was blackout drapes that covered the entire window! The rooms were typical hotel rooms, but nothing special. I am conditioned for a complementary contential breakfast at hotels of this price range. Hotel staff did comment that you could walk or drive over to an adjacent hotel (same hotel family) and eat at their breakfast buffet. The serving time was over by the time we got dressed and on our way. (9am)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family