“Check your Bank Statement!!!”

Courtyard Texarkana
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Check your Bank Statement!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed the night of 4/5/2013 & 4/9/2013. The first time I stayed $89.99 i asked up front if i could pay with Cash. They said yes just need to swipe my card to keep it on file. I ended up paying for the room in cash and then I had a $120 Pending charge. it took 5 Business days (a week) for it to "fall off" like they said.

Second time I stayed I still had the charge and complained they told me they would charge $20 for the deposit, and I would pay for the room next day. The room was $79.99 when i got up the next morning I had a charge for $20 and $70. the $20 was the deposit and they told me the $70 would turn into the $89.27 i owed for the room... Now a week later the $120 finally fell off and so did the $20 deposit charge. At this time 3 business days later from me spending the night i have 3 Pending Charges. $89.27, $69.27, and $70. I will NEVER stay at this establishment or it's Franchise again. I can deal with a slightly dirty room, but when you make multiple screw ups on my billing i'm finished. We had a tight budget for our vacation to Texas and they constantly had hundreds of dollars of MY money tied up due to all these charges where they keep informing me "will fall off in 3-5 business days".

Due to money being tied up and me not sure it would clear or not because of their constant mistakes we were forced to cut out a few stops on our trip. There is nothing that can be done to make that up to my children.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
I am so sorry about the confusion with your credit card statement. While it is standard for a deposit to be held for possible incidental charges during your stay, it should not take more than 7 - 10 business days to settle the account. I will forward this situation to our billing department for review.

Thanks for sharing your concern and we will certainly investigate this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Huge room with lots of up to date furnishings. The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. Competitve rate, although I do feel this hotel is geared more towards young, working people rather than seniors, like us. It would be nice to have a breakfast included. There is a "snack bar/bar" area. It is in a good location, right off the expressway and near many restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a good place to stay. Room had convenient layout, clean bathroom. Flat screen TV. Everything functions in the room.

I wish Courtyard will include free breakfast instead of expecting the guest to buy breakfast separately. This is not a competitive business practice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2013

When we arrived we found a sign at the front desk saying they had stepped away, they however had stepped away not far enough as they were chatting behind the door by the counter, while we were waiting to check in and we were there around 4:30 pm, so we weren't early. Then we were put in a room, where right outside our door they were working on pipes, we had to step around cones the workers set up to get to our room. Once in the room, there was no water. So we went to the front desk and asked for a room change, the desk clerk said that she was sure the water would work soon in that room, but would change our room if we wanted changed. The new room was fine. I felt the front desk staff felt like our request to change rooms was not necessary, but why would you put people in a room where they were working right outside a guests room, made no sense.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Mi
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is not up to Marriott standards by any means. More like a Budget Inn. The beds were okay. The floors, mainly the bathroom, were not very clean. The bathroom door had mud hand prints on it. The stopper in the tub was broken so we had to remove it because the tub kept filling up while taking a shower. The wallpaper above the tub was peeling and showed mold under it. Only two towels and one wash clothe in the room with four guest, my husband, myself and out two children. When I called the front desk for more, I was told that they may not have anymore, but she would check. Without another word she hung up on me. After 20 minutes of waiting my husband walked down to the front desk where the towels and wash clothes were waiting. The clerk was having a conversation with another employee. my husband asked if he could get some towels, to which she replied, " Sorry I was going to bring them to you but I got busy". My husband then went to back to the lobby to grab some coffee. No free coffee available, however there was a breakfast area (not free). They had Starbucks coffee. At Starbucks coffee prices. However, when my husband asked what brew it was he was told " I don't know, I just open up the bag & brew it." When we went to check out( because we didn't receive a checked out receipt under the door, as we did at every other Marriott hotel we stayed at on our trip) there was no one to be found at the front desk. A woman walking in to start her shift asked if I had been helped yet. I told her no, that I had been waiting for a while. She apologized and checked us out. Very very disappointed! We only stay at Marriotts because of their quality and high standards. The only nice thing I can say is that it was convenient and easy to find off I-30. But, so were several other hotels. Wish we spent our money at one of them instead.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank mtyrrell
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to voice your experiences and concerns during your stay. Let me assure you that this type of guest service is not typical nor is it acceptable at our Courtyard by Marriott. Your input will be presented to our Management and used as a training tool to ensure that this situation does not occur again. We strive hard to make sure that our guests stay will exceed their expectations in every way. Please accept our sincere apologies and we certainly and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when traveling to this area.

Travelers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived in Texarkana after a 500 mile sudden trip due to a family member hospitalization. A hospital representative told us that hotels close by offered 'medical discounts' to those in our situation. From the several choices very close to the hospital we chose Courtyard Marriott. The desk manager was responsive to our request and familiar with the discount- we felt the rate was reasonable. Our very welcome rest was uneventful and we encountered no problems. The room was clean and we had everything we needed. Our room faced the front parking area and I had an initial concern about the possibilities of noise, but we never heard any noise. Their in-lobby 'bistro' has a good selection of breakfast choices for fairly reasonable prices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in a larger King Suite which fits our family needs. The room was so dirty! The carpets had not been vacuumed and there was very visible soap scum and hair in both the sinks and tub. Yuck! We are loyal Marriott fans and love the layout of the King suite at the Courtyard so we are just hoping we hit this Courtyard on a bad day. Front desk and bistro staff were friendly and helpful. Maybe the holiday road travel took its toll on their rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family