“Great Staff”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Texarkana
“Great Staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and I am always greeted with a warm welcome from Mallory, Emily and Yakita. This makes it a great home away from home.
The property is always clean and this is great reflection of the entire staff and their pride for this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My daughter and I stopped here on our way to drop her off at school. We were weary from a long day on the road. From the moment we walked in, I felt relief. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large, comfortable, clean, and modern. There was a bar in the reception area, and too late (after we'd gone out to get some take-out) we realized it was also a grill and they served a variety of food. There was no breakfast (well, no free breakfast), but there was coffee available at all times. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. It was perfect for our needs. I'll be here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophie109
Deep in the Heart
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Though the room wasn't ready at check-in, the housekeeper welcomed us warmly and made use feel at ease enough to leave our bags in the room. Everything was in place when we returned. I called the front desk after noticing our sink wouldn't drain, and within minutes, Lorenzo, one of the managers, arrived to look after it. He apologized, and arranged to move us to another room. He quickly came back with keys to the new room, reduced the rate by $20 for the trouble, and even brought by a tote with popcorn, cookies and candy. It's exceptional when a business acknowledges a problem and makes the effort to make it right.

The location is conveniently off the interstate, and at least in the back room we had, very quiet, facing a thicket of trees and overlooking a pleasant patio with Crepe Myrtles. Beds were firm enough, and their pillows vary enough that each person in our family of four found one they liked. Towels were serviceable, but the quantity provided on check-in (2 bath, 2 hand, 2 washcloths) wasn't enough; however, within a few minutes of a front desk call, Lorenzo brought another full set. This hotel is just down from a McAlister's Deli and across the road from Christus St Michael hospital.

We stay regularly in this kind of hotel, and were disappointed to find they don't have a complimentary breakfast, unlike most of their competitors. (I ought to have checked, but it's such a common feature that I didn't.) There is a coffee shop/cafe with a menu backboard and counter service, but I was unsure if they had a hot breakfast. We can easily drop thirty or forty dollars on a mediocre a la carte order with children, who may not like or eat what's ordered, so we passed and checked-out. (You parents of young children will know what I mean.) Same goes for eating at outside restaurants, plus the in and out of the car. We like the simplicity of hotel breakfasts, with the freedom to choose whatever happens to be appealing that day. If I were staying in this area again, I'd likely choose the nearby Fairfield Inn for this reason alone, despite the Fairfield's indifferent service (same 2 towel for 4 people problem, but they asked us to walk down for the towels enough for four people, though they knew we had four staying) and tricky to find location. I'm sure this would be less of an issue for adults travelling without children - it is an attractive lobby and cafe, and doesn't have a lot of small children running around. ;)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank undertheliveoak
texarkana
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I'm a Marriot reward member, I also have recently purchased a Marriot timeshare in Aruba. I have just spent 18 days with this hotel while attending a military school. The staff here is second to none. Mallory, who works at the front desk especially.She is one of the most friendly and helpfull customer service reps I have had the pleasure of meeting. Mallory thanks again for all of your help.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how pleased you were with our Courtyard and staff. We are happy to know that we exceeded your Courtyard expectations and look forward to having you back with us in the future. I hope you got to enjoy Starbucks and/or dine in the new Courtyard Bistro. Our plans are to make each visit a New Refreshing Stay!
Boston,MA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The staff of this facility,is top shelf. Mallory and the rest of her team accomadated every need no matter how petty she always greeted us with a smile. The Marriott corp should be very proud of her professionalism and can do attitude . A million thanks A+A+A+A+A+A+

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Heath, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard Marriott this past weekend while attending a family funeral. The hotel had just underwent a renovation that was very nice. The shining star of the hotel was the service, especially in the restaurant, which had just opened the weekend before. The food was great and the staff was super friendly. We ate at the hotel both nights. The flatbread pizzas and bistro burger are amazing. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for your positive comments. We are happy that our New Courtyard Refreshing Stay met your expectations and assure you that we will strive to deliver the same great friendly service each time you visit. Our staff at Courtyard extend our deepest sympathy for the loss of your family member. We appreciate your trust in Courtyard by Marriott, Texarkana during this difficult time and look forward to serving you in the future.
amherst
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have to agree with the other reviews of this property. We were only staying for one night on our way to Dallas. Surprised to find that we couldn't pay for our room in cash!? As we had been traveling for 7 hours that day, we were too tired to look for another room for the night and used our credit card. We were told we could pay cash in the morning and they would credit the charge on our card. (that was Friday evening, still waiting for the credit on Wed.) And we were also charged an additional $2 for paying in cash!!! I also felt the front desk person was a little rude.
Room was nice and clean, although it seems for the price you would have more than 2 towels provided. Grounds and pool area were nice with quite a few lounging areas inside and out but I expected a hotel of this size to have some dining options. The only thing available was coffee and juice, no dining area, it's just being constructed. Had to leave the hotel for dinner and then again for breakfast. Just didn't seem worth the price for one nights stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Texarkana, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations at Courtyard and will use your comments to make sure that we exceed visits for all our future guests. Our policy is to require a credit card upon check in for incidentals. Payment in cash is allowed at check out and any hold for incidentals is automatically credited back to your credit card per your bank's policy. Normally, 3 - 5 business days. Our Courtyard by Marriott, Texarkana was nearing the end of renovations the week of your stay. I am so excited to let you know that all renovations are complete and our Courtyard "New Refreshing Stay" is awesome with Starbucks and Bistro now available for breakfast and dinner. Please let me know when you are in the area again. I would love to show you around. Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We at Courtyard look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future..