“It's a Comfort Suites! Not a J.W. Marriott”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I was a little worried when I read some of the reviews about this hotel. But, I have to say, many of the "reviewers" of this hotel must have huge ideas for staying at a 2 star hotel. This hotel was just fine for a one night stay.
Pros:
Breakfast was big and plentiful. The room was big and clean. The room had hardwired internet, so we did not have to deal with hoping for a wireless connection. I also was able to get a wire from downstairs, without a hassle. The did not even ask me for a room number, just handed it over. I thought that was nice.
Cons:
The pool had an odd almost mildewy smell. I would not let my 1 year old swim because of this and he was upset. The putting green outside could use a little tending to. (but in hindsight, the putting green should probably be a pro. I wish I knew this before I came.) There is construction on I-30, so navigating to the hotel was a little tricky.

All in all, I would stay here again if I needed mid-level hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2009

Needs some TLC - Our room had a weird smell that came from a permanently mounted glade air freshener on the wall - kind of odd - we were curious - why would you need a permanent air freshener? After some investigation we found the source of the problem - the A/C unit. If you looked in there it was caked with yucky smelly green mold so thick it partially blocked the vents - Yikes!!! We breathed carefully all night & lived to tell about it. Seriously this Comfort Inn needs some work - the rooms are clean enough but run down - i wouldn't stay here again - there is a new Hampton Inn on the other side of IH 30.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

This was my second time staying at Comfort Suites and it is not as bad as some people are describing it. The continental breakfast was above average (waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, fruit, pasteries...) The rooms are nice. I was in a king room. It was separated into 2 halves. 1 part had the bed, tv and desk, the other had a couch to relax on but you could still see the TV. The front desk is very helpful and even makes chocolate chip cookies for you in the evening. The pool area is nice and rarely used as is the "workout room" which consisted of 1 bike, 1 treadmill and a seated bench press machine.

This hotel is pretty well located in the city. The mall is just across the expressway and there is several choices for dining in the vacinity.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2008

B/f you stay here, check to see if they're under new management b/c we had the impression that they were in the midst of changing some things b/c of complaints. A few of our issues: indoor pool closed, fitness room too hot, breakfast bar ran out 1/2 hour b/f closing and wasn't replenished, room not cleaned sufficiently and cleaner left in bathroom, closet for clothes too small and doors couldn't be shut, no complimentary newspapers available one day, no king size pillows for king size beds.
But the BIGGEST warning: READ THE PAPER YOU INITIAL AND SIGN WHEN CHECKING IN! If you initial the "Additional Charges" space, it will include your being billed $1 plus change (miscellaneous??) for using the in-room safe -- whether you use it or not! Not alot of cash, true, but It took a rather unpleasant confrontation w/the checkout person to get that money refunded when we left since we were being charged for something we didn't even use.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank year30
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I have had to stay at a lot of hotels the past month.My husband has had to travel to Texas for work and back to North Carolina for the past month and a half.Most of the time we stay at Comfort Suites or Comfort INN.This hotels seems clean when you are in the lobby.The room we were in was not so great.Carpet was dirty.We had to wear our shoes when walking around.The air unit had a inch of dust where the nobs are.The divider between the bed and sofa bed had a inch of dust.The little signs for no smoking were covered with dust.The door did not shut well.We really had to pull on it everytime we went inn and out.The carpet in the hallway looked like it had not been vaccumed in a while.Someone had used the bathroom and not flushed.So if this was a guest I guess the toilet was not cleaned after last guest checked out.The beds were comfortabel.I did have a good sleep.Probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Old urine & hairs at base of toilet. Bathroom floor badly in need of sweeping. Shower curtain in need of bleach & laundry. Tub needed bleached to rid mold around walls. Room & hallway carpets badly in need of vacuuming....been days since halls were vacuumed. Ugly stain on chair upholstery. Room reeked of air freshener trying to mask odors. Elevator walls full of old fingerprints and drink spill drips. Old grass clippings not blown away from front walks or drive. Just overall housekeeping desperately in need at this motel. Just behind Cracker Barrel so one could walk to a decent meal. Bed appeared to be clean and did sleep well.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cruisingHouston
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I wrote about this hotel a few years ago.... Man oh Man,,,things change. We were here March, this year and it was a horrible experience. The rooms were so extremely dirty. The bathroom had mold growing around the bottom and around the caulking!!! Mold!!!!!!!!! I complained and they didn't even return my monies. I will never stay here again and I know I will miss it. However, dirty is dirty. The floor by the pop machines was littered with so much dirt and trash it had to be at least a month old. How sad is that! The front desk people changed, also. Not a very good move for the owners............. I will tell eveyone who asks that they must never stay here.............................................

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank shortymeekbaby