“stay in the new one not the one behind cracker barrel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Houston, Texas
“stay in the new one not the one behind cracker barrel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

As far as the room goes it was a nice room. The a.c. was quiet and kept the room cool enough. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice.Breakfast buffet good.I did not mean to give the place all the stars but am writing this review on my tablet and could not undo the stars. The thing I was not happy about was the pool was greenish looking so we did not want to go in it and the girl at the desk acted like she resented us coming in and interrupting whatever it was she had been doing before we got there, she would not speak and seemed like she hated her job and people also the elevator had as bad smell.I would definitely go to the new Comfort Suites close to there and not the one that is older behind Cracker Barrel. It cost about the same as the new one.I was just beginning to use trip advisor then, after that we didn't stay anywhere without good reviews from Trip advisor first so the rest of the places we stayed were very nice thanks to looking up hotels and reviews for the cities we would go to next.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the top floor and away from the elevator.Check room over to make sure shower...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Juliet F
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Juliet,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Guest agent attitude and pool conditions on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with guest agents and maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Texarkana.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites, Texarkana, TX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Clinton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

When I book a stay at a Comfort Inn, I expect top quality service and amenities. For the price I paid, I couldn't have found a better room for the night. Comfortable bed, great shower, numerous breakfast options like yogurt and even flavored waffles! The check in and check out process were quick and efficient, too.

If there was one negative mark, it's that I requested a first floor room and wound up getting one on the third floor, even though I got there fairly early in the evening. However, they have an elevator so I didn't have to lug my stuff up and down the stairs. It all worked out, just a little more slowly than I would have liked.

All in all, however, I would stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to encourage you to do the same. Nice hotel!

Room Tip: If you want a specific floor, it might be best to call ahead after you've booked online.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mike,

MJ Singh
Comfort Suites
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great people, great service, great room, and an excellent unplanned vacation in Texarkana.

Just decent people. Charlene picked up my family when we had transmision failure in town... Then they dropped me at the repair shop after it was fixed. ....Turning a near tradegdy into a happy memory.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Yev 88,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable, the hot breakfast was fresh and tasty.
The hotel staff was friendly and I want to personally commend Tasha, she was very helpful during my stay. Very satisfied with all aspects of Comfort Suites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great hotel with great friendly manager and staff! They picked me up in a shutter around 9pm. I got to know the manager and staff. They are very nice and helpful in their recommendations and referrals because I am new to Texarkana. I consider them my friends! Thank you, God!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Randy,

Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The price of the room was the best part of this hotel. As far as exercise equipment average except for the broke elliptical. Pool area needed cleaning. Housekeeping needs a makeover. Their cleaning is less than desirable. Not just in the rooms but when you walk in and to your room it should look clean not filthy! Whomever is in charge of this hotel need to be replaced if they can't run it better. Comfort Suites to me is not suppose to be like what I checked into. I think everyone is looking for a clean place to stay. This is not it.

• Stayed March 2014
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Cleaning and Housekeepers on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,

New Market, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Everything about this property is very nice and comfortable, truely up to Comfort Suites standards with one exception. There was very little water pressure in the shower. Room was spacious, bedding very comfortable, morning breakfast was fresh and tasty. I enjoy a hot morning shower and do not enjoy a shower that I feel like I am chasing the water drops to get clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Kevin,

Comfort Suites, Texarkana, TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Candlewood Suites Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
#5 of 17 in Texarkana
Holiday Inn Express Texarkana
Hampton Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!