We booked this property specifically to have an indoor hot tub (which isn't very prevalent in Texarkana!). We were actually visiting Hope, AR, but stayed 40 minutes away in Texarkana just to have a hot tub. Well, we arrived to this new hotel, which was a good price and wasn't hard to find, and went to see the pool and hot tub before we even brought in one bag from the car. It looked clean and nice, and the water was hot, so we checked in. Upon arrival our one bedroom king suite room was clean and even larger than we thought it would be. The couch, chair and desk chair were quite comfortable, too. After unloading, my husband changed and went directly to the hot tub, which he immediately discovered was nothing more than a tub of hot water, because the jets weren't working!! To say he was unhappy was a major understatement. If we had had any time left, then we would have immediately checked out, but we were on our way to a funeral and didn't have time. We won't be staying here again, because the bed was rock hard and covered with a plastic cover that was very noisy, we couldn't get the room to get any cooler than 74, despite sleeping with the window open when it was below freezing outside, and the breakfast was nothing more than barely ok. The waffles were so dry and pasty that I couldn't eat more than a couple bites. We always eat the hotel waffles, but these were inedible. I was excited about the "omelets" until I tasted it, and discovered that they were made from powdered eggs and were a terrible consistency. I ended up eating a bowl of cereal and being unhappy with breakfast. Even my husband, who eats practically anything, couldn't eat his waffle. To be fair, the staff was very pleasant, and the hotel was clean and new. But the hard bed that we could barely sleep on, broken hot tub, and bad breakfast will keep us from staying there again. And, yes, I did bring everything to the attention of the front desk, but got nothing more than a "so sorry." So sorry to Carlson, but we won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All New Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel. The newly opened Country Inn & Suites hotel in Texarkana, Texas is proud to offer top-quality accommodations and excellent service at affordable prices. This hotel features welcoming, home-like accents including hardwood floors, a lobby fireplace and an on-site lending library. Additional amenities include a heated indoor pool, spa, Fitness Center and Business Center. Our hotel is located just six miles from Texarkana Municipal Airport and just five miles from popular attractions like the historic Perot Theatre, Discovery Place and Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum. Book one of our Texarkana hotel's new guest rooms and you will experience warm, welcoming decor and amenities that make you feel at home. Guest rooms are equipped with free high-speed Internet, HD TV with HD cable channels, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker and a complimentary weekday newspaper. Suites are also available. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites and see what sets us apart from other Texarkana, TX hotels. Our comfortable and friendly hotel is located just off I-30 and near Cooper Tire, International Paper, John Turk Power plant in Fulton, AR, Christus St. Michael Hospital, Domtar, Red River Army Depot and Texas A&M University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Texarkana
- Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel Texarkana